Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again,

System is rock-solid and working perfect, but I have a problem with audio, it is working fine, and working after manually sleep the computer, but whenever I'm away of computer, and computer suspends, then audio is gone until next restart.. Anyone else having this issue? any solution?

Thanks

No audio after sleep is known issue. Hopefully, when MultiBeast v8.1 comes out, we'll have a solution. :thumbup:

Hi
apple services (Messages and FaceTime) doesn't work.
any Idea how to fix this?

Hello. I haven't read every single post in this thread, but was curious if you ever got around to testing the USB 3.1?...
USB 3.1 is not yet supported in OS X. We expect it to be supported after Apple produces an iMac or Mac Pro with a USB 3.1. My USB 3.1 port (normal USB plug, not the "C" plug) is supported as a USB 3 connection.

Hi
apple services (Messages and FaceTime) doesn't work.
any Idea how to fix this?
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html.

Stork,

Thank you so much for this guide. I followed everything as best I could and I got OSX booting on my computer quite easily (this is my second hackintosh, but first time with Clover).

As far as I can tell, everything went well, but I cannot get the network to connect. I keep getting an error when I go to network settings and try to set up a new location.

Should I just start over and see if a new install fixes or is this a known issue that can be solved? I used Multi beast several times to add the kext and nothing seems to be working.

Thank you Stork! I followed your guide to the letter and this has been my smoothest hackintosh build yet.

However, I'm unable to get ethernet working on the Asus Maximus Gene VIII.
I've tried installing Intelmausiethernet.kext as some users have suggested, to no avail.

Any ideas?

For those of you who are asking about Ethernet working, I'm away from my system until next week. I'll get back to you then.

BTW, after my initial installation, I installed an iMac WiFi/BT4 card and PCIe adapter and have been using WiFi. So, I'll check on Ethernet connectivity when I have the chance.

That's actually what I was wondering, if maybe the onboard intel NIC wasn't going to work that a wireless connection would.

Stork, is the wireless/bluetooth card you have the one you would still buy today?

The TP-Link in the buyers guide looks to be an old model that has been replaced and I'd like the cheapest unit available that is still plug and play compatible with OSx.

That's actually what I was wondering, if maybe the onboard intel NIC wasn't going to work that a wireless connection would.

Stork, is the wireless/bluetooth card you have the one you would still buy today?

The TP-Link in the buyers guide looks to be an old model that has been replaced and I'd like the cheapest unit available that is still plug and play compatible with OSx.
I used the WiFi/BT4 iMac card/adapter shown in my Components list. Depending upon availability, it should be around $50-60 USD. Note that it is an Apple iMac card so it's fully compatible with Apple's WiFi and BT 4 drivers and capabilities. Unfortunately, that's the price of fully compatible wireless.

However, if you don't need wireless, check out other ASUS GENE (or other ASUS Z170 ROG) motherboard threads to see what Ethernet driver they're using. IIRC, there are a couple of ASUS Z170 GENE and Hero motherboard guides in the El Capitan Desktop Guides section http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/.

BTW, when you find what Ethernet driver you need, get it from the Downloads...Kexts forum section as those are the latest drivers. (MultiBeast v8.01 is behind on the rapid updates to these drivers. MultiBeast v8.1 will be released shortly.)

Update: Try the AppleIntelE1000e kext at http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=300 Ethernet Kexts. Let me know if this works for you. I'll try when I get back next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back