Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does appear there. It was last modified about 4 hours ago so apparently reinstalling clover doesn't appear to be writing over it.
Make sure you are booting from the Correct EFI partition. If in doubt either boot to BIOS and check boot priority or use the hot key F8 and select your installation drive. If you have your UniBeast drive connected it too contains and EFI Partition.

Make sure you are booting from the Correct EFI partition. If in doubt either boot to BIOS and check boot priority or use the hot key F8 and select your installation drive. If you have your UniBeast drive connected it too contains and EFI Partition.

Right now I only have my macintosh HD as well as a separate drive for windows 10. I tried a check where I deleted emuvariableuefi-64 and then ran that installer. It did indeed install a fresh copy of the file to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/

When I go to install Sierra from my flash drive, the OS begins to install and when the load bar reaches 100%, I get a black screen with a circle with a slash through it. Does anyone know what I need to do to resolve this issue?

When I go to install Sierra from my flash drive, the OS begins to install and when the load bar reaches 100%, I get a black screen with a circle with a slash through it. Does anyone know what I need to do to resolve this issue?
Is your UniBeast USB Installation thumb drive in the Rear Panel USB "stack" with the PS/2 port? Other than that, I can't think of anything that would cause the "circle with a slash" error.

Is your UniBeast USB Installation thumb drive in the Rear Panel USB "stack" with the PS/2 port? Other than that, I can't think of anything that would cause the "circle with a slash" error.
Yes, I did follow this step. Is this the only situation that would cause this error to occur? What should I do?

No need to extract anything from the Clover installer with Pacifist.
Run the installer(double click on it) and select Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree then Customise.
It'll open up some tick boxes. Tick the Box under Drivers64UEFI > √ EmuVariableUefi-64 and tick the box √ Install RC scripts on the target volume. Ignore what is already selected and leave them selected. Click Install > Enter password.
The Installer completes. Open Nvidia Driver Manager and Select NVIDIA Web Driver > you'll need to unlock it with your password. It will ask you to restart. Restart and you should be now running the Web Driver.
I followed your counsel above but I noticed that the moment I clicked on the Sierra drive at the Clover boot, it immediately displayed the 1280x1024 screen, with the distorted Apple logo and opened up in that resolution. I'm only getting 1 monitor (I have 2 attached with DP).

Thanks to Stork and wildwillow for their help so far. I was able to successfully downgrade my bios back to the one that works and I have an issue that I think will be more solvable. (A trick just in case someone wants to do this is you need to use the USB port right under the ethernet port and not in the PS2 stack like is in the manual, but it will let you downgrade that way because normally you can't downgrade in the bios itself, only upgrade.)

For whatever reason the EFI boot partition doesn't show up in the boot options of my computer anymore. If I boot using the bootloader on the os x install drive then I can select and boot into my hard drive with no issues. How can I reinstall clover onto my internal hard drive without having to totally erase my main drive? Simply installing clover doesn't seem to do the trick, I still can't see the efi partition when I boot up.

Thanks!

I followed your counsel above but I noticed that the moment I clicked on the Sierra drive at the Clover boot, it immediately displayed the 1280x1024 screen, with the distorted Apple logo and opened up in that resolution. I'm only getting 1 monitor (I have 2 attached with DP).
You can set Clover GUI resolution in your config.plist. In your BIOS try disabling CSM. When you reached the desktop, were the Nvidia drivers selected or had they defaulted to macOS drivers?

For whatever reason the EFI boot partition doesn't show up in the boot options of my computer anymore
This makes me wonder about the health of your EFI partition. Since the EmuvariableUefi-64 was installed but didn't seem to work when you booted into macOS Sierra and even more so that your BIOS boot options isn't recognising the bootable partition. If I were you, make a copy of the EFI folder and store it somewhere safe.
Use Terminal to format your EFI partition to FAT32. I have had this happen before when I was getting errors in Terminal trying to mount the EFI partition. Once you format it put your EFI folder back and check your BIOS boot options.

This makes me wonder about the health of your EFI partition. Since the EmuvariableUefi-64 was installed but didn't seem to work when you booted into macOS Sierra and even more so that your BIOS boot options isn't recognising the bootable partition. If I were you, make a copy of the EFI folder and store it somewhere safe.
Use Terminal to format your EFI partition to FAT32. I have had this happen before when I was getting errors in Terminal trying to mount the EFI partition. Once you format it put your EFI folder back and check your BIOS boot options.

Thanks, I wasn't able to format it in OS X, but I could boot into windows and format it no problem. I then re-added the EFI files back but it still doesn't work. I think it may be a bios thing- when I select boot devices, I'm given an option to load Windows Boot manager for that drive or just the drive by itself, but neither option have the EFI before it. My CSM setting is currently on Auto, but I tried it disabled with the same effect. Interestingly, in the secure boot setting I have it set as 'other os' but the secure boot state above says 'enabled'. Is it worth clearing the secure boot keys or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back