Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u upload ur config plist n can I use this method on viii ranger n should I need to disable pch option in bios coz u didn't mention it so plz help me. I install all thing I mange to use everything HDMI audio GPU all r working great.But still i have doubt so my question do I need more to patch as lyk processor etc ?

A most interesting, succinct and helpful build description - Thanks Stork! Glad you now have one superb Skylake Hackintosh.

Although I only have a Z97M motherboard I found the USB port increase hack very useful and now the USB section of my System Report looks a lot healthier. The patch has cleaned it all up and everything looks right.

I also used your manual method for installing the latest kext as KextBeast refused to work for me. Again, much appreciated help.

:)

What do you mean by "configuration"?

I mainly meant your config.plist, if possible :angel:

BTW, by now i have managed to install El Capitan... but your config would still help others :thumbup:

Edit: Another Question, how did you test the USB3.1 ports?

pretty cool build man,congrats.

...how did you test the USB3.1 ports?
I only tested the USB 3.1 Type A port. I used a USB 3 Thumb Drive, and it achieved USB 3 speeds. There is not full support for USB 3.1 speed on the USB 3.1 ports in OS X desktops.

Very nice build, got USB 3.0 to work with different mobo using this useful guide :D

Q: is the "About This Mac" section showing the actual RAM and CPU speed? any chance to upload a screenshot?
For RAM, in the config.plist file, change the Boot > XMPDetection parameter from false to true using either TextEdit, Plist Pro or Clover Configurator.
Code:
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<true/>

Gene ATM 12:15.png

Hi Strok,
cool build!

I'm very interested in the GTX950 Card.
Do you know if the display ports are working? (maybe both on the same time?)

Greetings,
Sören

For RAM, in the config.plist file, change the Boot > XMPDetection parameter from false to true using either TextEdit, Plist Pro or Clover Configurator.
Code:
        <key>XMPDetection</key>
        <true/>

yet another useful tip saved me some time, thanks :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back