Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success! I had connected a 2nd SSD with an old installation of Yosemite that I was going to reformat for Windows. I unplugged it and after booting up, have two fully working 4k screens. The NVIDIA Driver Manager, however, doesn't recognise the GTX 960 in any of the slots and G-Sync is disabled. It also says that ECC is not supported. Sound was only working from USB and it didn't wake from sleep. However, I've been searching the site for the answers and modifying the config.plist and info.plist accordingly. About My Mac is now showing the full 4Gb graphics. Both displays are recognised.
Thanks for all your help!
Glad you've managed to get your monitors and GPU working correctly. Be sure to make a copy/backup of your EFI folder. Its good practice once you get a stable system configured.

Success! I had connected a 2nd SSD with an old installation of Yosemite that I was going to reformat for Windows. I unplugged it and after booting up, have two fully working 4k screens. The NVIDIA Driver Manager, however, doesn't recognise the GTX 960 in any of the slots and G-Sync is disabled. It also says that ECC is not supported. Sound was only working from USB and it didn't wake from sleep. However, I've been searching the site for the answers and modifying the config.plist and info.plist accordingly. About My Mac is now showing the full 4Gb graphics. Both displays are recognised.
Thanks for all your help!
BTW, G-Sync and ECC are never enabled, ECC is only for Quadro cards.

Glad you've managed to get your monitors and GPU working correctly. Be sure to make a copy/backup of your EFI folder. Its good practice once you get a stable system configured.

Oh, now that hadn't occurred to me - even after all this drama! Thanks!

Stork, I have a 6700K and am running an overclock to 4.4, Currently using the 6700K SSDT and speed step is working but you state that you need to make a custom one with that script for overclocking. I am seeing 4.4ghz in the frequency monitor of the intel power gadget. I looked at the link for the script but after reading the 'directions' I'm not sure how to proceed. is there any extra guide I can read or way I can just tweak the existing 6700k ssdt?

1. Put the ssdtPRgen.sh in your user folder.
  2. Open Terminal and enter:
    Code:
    ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400

1. Put the ssdtPRgen.sh in your user folder.
  2. Open Terminal and enter:
    Code:
    ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400
So this will set the max frequency for 4400? what if I made it 5000, would it actually turbo that high or would I have to set that in the bios first?
the only thing I need to specify is that one -turbo command?

not sure what I'm doing wrong but it gives me command not found:

MacPro7:~ Josh$ curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 153k 100 153k 0 0 627k 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 628k
MacPro7:~ Josh$ chmod +x ~/ssdtPRGen.sh
MacPro7:~ Josh$ wc -c ssdtPRGen.sh
156971 ssdtPRGen.sh
MacPro7:~ Josh$ $ ~/ssdtPRGen.sh -h
-bash: $: command not found
MacPro7:~ Josh$ ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400
-bash: ssdtPRGen.sh: command not found

So this will set the max frequency for 4400? what if I made it 5000, would it actually turbo that high or would I have to set that in the bios first?
the only thing I need to specify is that one -turbo command?

Use 5000 if you are overclocked to 5GHz.

The ssdt does not overclock your CPU.

In Terminal, enter:
Code:
/Users/AlphaFox/ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400
*Replace "AlphaFox" with your username.

Thanks, figured out the command. it tells me:
Error: board-id [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61] not supported by Skylake – check SMBIOS data / use the -target option
Should I be concerned about this? I am using 14,2. Should I change the board ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back