Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my answer in the post above yours. I added more detail while you were responding.

I recommend you follow pastrychief's lead in taking the 15 port increase (in Config.plist) and the USBinjectAll.kext to a more permanent configuration. (Unfortunately, I've not had the time to do it and post here.)

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/page-65#post-1366119

Pastrychef's 1st post in his Golden Build GENE description has the SSDT-USB.aml file you can use if you want to use his method.

BTW, pastrychef's post is in ammulder's excellent 10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide.

this is exactly what I was looking for, I will try his SSDT file! thanks so much!

There is no nvram.plist anywhere on the EFI partition and nothing appeared after installing RC scripts. If the nvram.plist is a standard for all installations, could you post a copy - if adding it would solve the problem?
You may need to update your complete Clover installation for this work. Since the only way for this to work for coherent was to downgrade the BIOS. I have no other suggestions other than what I've posted that has worked for both myself, Stork and many others.

SSDT worked, have the USB ports working! However, now sleep doesn't work it just hangs and the fans stay on. If I let it sleep by itself it will restart. Hummmm

Edit: figured it out, forgot to disable the 15 to 30 port patch - its not needed with the custom SSDT and obviously causes issues.

Last edited:
You may need to update your complete Clover installation for this work. Since the only way for this to work for coherent was to downgrade the BIOS. I have no other suggestions other than what I've posted that has worked for both myself, Stork and many others.

Success! I had connected a 2nd SSD with an old installation of Yosemite that I was going to reformat for Windows. I unplugged it and after booting up, have two fully working 4k screens. The NVIDIA Driver Manager, however, doesn't recognise the GTX 960 in any of the slots and G-Sync is disabled. It also says that ECC is not supported. Sound was only working from USB and it didn't wake from sleep. However, I've been searching the site for the answers and modifying the config.plist and info.plist accordingly. About My Mac is now showing the full 4Gb graphics. Both displays are recognised.
Thanks for all your help!

Success! I had connected a 2nd SSD with an old installation of Yosemite that I was going to reformat for Windows. I unplugged it and after booting up, have two fully working 4k screens. The NVIDIA Driver Manager, however, doesn't recognise the GTX 960 in any of the slots and G-Sync is disabled. It also says that ECC is not supported. Sound was only working from USB and it didn't wake from sleep. However, I've been searching the site for the answers and modifying the config.plist and info.plist accordingly. About My Mac is now showing the full 4Gb graphics. Both displays are recognised.
Thanks for all your help!

If all you did was unplug it then it sounds like it was booting clover off that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back