Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using the 15 port limit patch for USB?

Are you using the 15 port limit patch for USB?
I ticked this one on Multibeast based on Stork's guide:
Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit (and adds RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext)

Yes, that's the 15 port limit patch. It should work fine with the card.

I will investigate and post my findings. Thanks Pastrychef!

Are you using CodecCommander? If so, I recommend you post in the Sierra Desktop Support to get more knowledgeable eyes on your problem as I am not see what could be the cause of the problem.
Well, 10.12.1 wrecked sleep again. This time, wake-up results in a silent KP and then a reboot.

However, I cured the problem by using the Boot Argument darkwake=0. See here for how to fix an existing system: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-post-install.203236/page-2#post-1354169

If I have a 6700k, is it better to use the iMac 17,1 System Profile in MultiBeast?

I recommend to start out with the iMac14,2 (if you're using on-board graphics, use iMac14,1). It is the default system definition that MultiBeast uses because it the best SysDef we've found to successfully install Sierra. You can always change it later.

The problem with the iMac 17,1 definition is that you will have to modify a kext which, IMO, is a PITA.

Hi Stork! First of all thanks for updating your installation guide for this great build. I already installed El Capitan with your guide easily, but now with Sierra, when i tried a fresh install, it crashes after the Apple boot logo. In verbose mode, it's end by CPU halted and restart, but I don't know why. I use the same USB, and I'm on the latest version of the BIOS with all correctly configured, and El Capitan also boot up normally. I read somewhere it could cause by tuxera ntfs or others, but uninstalling these don't change anything. Do you have any suggestions ?..

I have tested Rehabman's NVMe patch based upon the Pike code. It works and eliminates the shutdown/start-up error problem we've seen with the NMVeGeneric.kext. If you use RehabMan's patch, backup your NMVeGeneric.kext.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Here's my procedure for using the patch script:

:ch:Download the patch .zip file and keep it in your ~/Download folder. Unzip it and note the folder name because mine was named "patch-nvme-master"

:ch:Use this Terminal command to determine your installation drive's EFI partition:
Code:
diskutil list

:ch:Use the EFI Mounter v3 to mount your installation's drive EFI partition

:ch:Go to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder and drag the NMVeGeneric.kext to a backup location. This will just copy the file, so, after you copied it, trash the NMVeGeneric.kext in the .../10.11/ folder.

:ch:Run the following Terminal commands (again, make sure of the patch folder's name in /Downloads):
Code:
cd ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

:ch:Drag the HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext from the ~/Downloads/patch-nvme-master/ folder to the /EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/ folder.

:ch:Reboot

:thumbup:

Discretion advised a noob to hackintoshes. I have a MacPro4,1 firmware flashed to MacPro5,1 i don't understand why clover is needed if i have a standard Apple Hardware why is clover is needed?

So, i have a lycom dt-120 pcie to pcie3.0 adapter and a 256gb samsung 950pro. I have attempted to use the old nvmexpress driver from MacVidCards. Seeing though this is the preferred method. It doesn't seem though to be the method for a standard Apple Hardware.

PS: when installed in the slot and view NVMExpress section in system profiler i get the following message.

"This computer doesn't contain any NVMExpress devices. If you installed NVMExpress devices, make sure they are connected properly and powered on."

Any help, guided steps or assistance appreciated.

On a real Mac Pro, you can only use a NVMe drive as a data drive as the MacPro BIOS does not recognize an NVMe drive for booting. On newer PCs (10-series motherboards), the PC BIOS has been updated to recognize a NVMe drive.

Second, Clover is for hackintoshes only, not real Macs.

Third, the NVMeGeneric.kext from MacVidCards does not work with Sierra.

Finally, Apple does not use the standard NVMe protocol on it's NVMe SSDs; it's a modification of the standard to keep "horses in the corral".

Have you seen this thread at the MacRumor's Mac Pro forum?
http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...he-09-mac-pro-bootable-ngff-pcie-ssd.1685821/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back