Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just review my installation procedures to see if anything was not accomplished. I'm going to pack up my system tonight as I'll be traveling and won't get to help you debug until this weekend. Good luck!

jazz_76, I see that you are using liquid cooling. A Corsair H115i. Don't you need software to control that pump?

jazz_76, I see that you are using liquid cooling. A Corsair H115i. Don't you need software to control that pump?

I believe that BIOS controls the flow automatically - my temps stay the same on PC and MAC side under full load (40c).

Soo, I finally got myself a wifi/bt card - similar as in this build from OSX Wifi:
http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh

Windows can see it but Sierra gives me kernel panic right from get go. I tried to boot in safe and single user mode without any success.

Any ideas if I'm missing something? I understood as it's basically Apple hardware it should work out-of-box. No?

Thanks for any help guys!

I have no idea why it's giving you kernel panics. It should just be recognized once plugged in.

Thanks Pastrychef for confirming that it should work right away. I need to triple check my connections. Can a missing bluetooth/or any other kext cause this? Though installation USB should work fine - which it doesn't, panics as well.

Why would the kexts be missing? They are part of the standard macOS installation. The only way they could be missing is if you deleted them.

Why would the kexts be missing? They are part of the standard macOS installation. The only way they could be missing is if you deleted them.
There's a slim chance that I played around with the bluetooth kexts as I was troubleshooting my previous sleep/kernel panic problems. But then again - USB installer should boot without hiccups so I assume it's not that which is causing the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back