Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated 10.12.6 to the Security 2018-001 update from the Mac Apple Store. However, if you have a NVMe drive. you'll need to create the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6_sec2018-001.kext first and install as described in Post #1. Then run the update.

If you are using the Nvidia web drivers, turn off the Gatekeeper before updating the drivers.
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
For some reason the Nvidia drivers will not allow you to reboot unless the Gatekeeper is turned off.

Hi Guys,

I just recently did a fresh install on this machine. Currently running High Sierra. Pretty much I followed the install from Stork.

I have the i7-6700k with a Nvidia 1080 Ti Founders card. Overall the system seems to be a little delayed or slow. I am not sure what is actually causing this. I don't believe the system should be doing this since I usually run windows.

Geekbench score - https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6937975

Edit 2.14.18 Ended up reverting back to the 10.13.2 drivers for nvidia 1080 ti. That way there was no lag issues. Reference -
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-3-387-10-10-10-25.243857/page-3#post-1677267

Without trim
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 10.01.09 PM.png
With trim
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 1.44.37 AM.png
Here is the graphics
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.27.08 AM.png
The drivers here
Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 10.27.27 AM.png

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I just recently did a fresh install on this machine. Currently running High Sierra. Pretty much I followed the install from Stork.

I have the i7-6700k with a Nvidia 1080 Ti Founders card. Overall the system seems to be a little delayed or slow. I am not sure what is actually causing this. I don't believe the system should be doing this since I usually run windows.
It's probably due to the Nvidia drivers for 10.13.3. Others have also complained of this performance. Supposedly, Nvidia is working on this problem. So, I'm expecting the 10.13.4 update to perform better with the updated Nvidia drivers.

Updated 10.12.6 to the Security 2018-001 update from the Mac Apple Store. However, if you have a NVMe drive. you'll need to create the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6_sec2018-001.kext first and install as described in Post #1. Then run the update.

If you are using the Nvidia web drivers, turn off the Gatekeeper before updating the drivers.
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
For some reason the Nvidia drivers will not allow you to reboot unless the Gatekeeper is turned off.
Hi Stork -- did you have any problems with the update? Kexts that had ro be updated?

Hi Stork -- did you have any problems with the update? Kexts that had ro be updated?
Not yet, but I've been traveling (Snow Bird) so I'll check the 3rd party kexts soon for being current.

Not yet, but I've been traveling (Snow Bird) so I'll check the 3rd party kexts soon for being current.
OK, great. Sounds like you avoided all the problems that others had who installed this security update

Hi,

I've already make successfully the hackintosh, but I was wondering if I can make it go through wifi for using airdrop.

Is it possible?

With the own asus Maximus viii motherboard wifi,

Thanks

Hi,

I've already make successfully the hackintosh, but I was wondering if I can make it go through wifi for using airdrop.

Is it possible?

With the own asus Maximus viii motherboard wifi,

Thanks

It depends on what chipset your motherboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth is using. If it's Intel, you will have to swap out the card. If it's Broadcom, it may work with some additional kexts and/or patches.

It depends on what chipset your motherboard Wi-Fi/Bluetooth is using. If it's Intel, you will have to swap out the card. If it's Broadcom, it may work with some additional kexts and/or patches.

It seems to be a Atheros QCa61x4 wifi, does it have a kext for macos sierra?

It seems to be a Atheros QCa61x4 wifi, does it have a kext for macos sierra?

I don't know... I'm not aware of any but I could be wrong... You'll have to search for some drivers.

If none exists, you can replace with a BCM94360xxxx based card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back