Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for a great detailed tutorial. I've followed all the steps and got an almost fully working Hackintosh.

The only issue I'm facing now is the computer wakes up by itself from sleep after about 1 hour.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? How can I track down the causes on Sierra?

As some of you know from reading this build description thread, I'm testing a GTX 1060 replacing the GTX 950 with which I initially started out. The problem with the GTX 1060 is that, upon wake-up from sleep, the screen goes crazy flickering and blanking out.

So, one solution is to work through the flickering to logout, then log back in. That works, but it's a PITA to accomplish the logout with the screen flicking and blanking out. Another solution is to drive the cursor to the screen saver screen corner, typically the lower right hand corner. But, this didn't work for me.

What did work was a script by xxionline. You can put this script on your Desktop, and, upon wake-up, work through the flickering to execute it. Then, life is good. :thumbup:

Stork, which brand of GTX 1060 are you using?

As some of you know from reading this build description thread, I'm testing a GTX 1060 replacing the GTX 950 with which I initially started out. The problem with the GTX 1060 is that, upon wake-up from sleep, the screen goes crazy flickering and blanking out.

So, one solution is to work through the flickering to logout, then log back in. That works, but it's a PITA to accomplish the logout with the screen flicking and blanking out. Another solution is to drive the cursor to the screen saver screen corner, typically the lower right hand corner. But, this didn't work for me.

What did work was a script by xxionline. You can put this script on your Desktop, and, upon wake-up, work through the flickering to execute it. Then, life is good. :thumbup:
I'm using GTX 1060 and sometimes the screen goes crazy like you said. I turn off my monitor and turn it back on. This method works for me.

I'm using GTX 1060 and sometimes the screen goes crazy like you said. I turn off my monitor and turn it back on. This method works for me.
Never worked for me, but I run my Gene through a KVM switch.

Today I installed Fenvi FV-T919 on my build and it works great. The only issue I'm having now is sleep function. My Hackintosh wakes from sleep right after it sleeps. However, when I turn off Bluetooth in macOS, it sleeps fine.

I followed this guide without skipping anything and haven't installed or tried anything else. Any idea why this is happening?

P.S. I connected the Bluetooth cable into USB 1112 header on my Maximus VIII Gene.

I'll have to check which header I connected the T919 BT cable. I'll post later as I'm using the Gene right now, and opening the case is awkward without shutting it down.

I'll have to check which header I connected the T919 BT cable. I'll post later as I'm using the Gene right now, and opening the case is awkward without shutting it down.
Would be really great if you do :) thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back