Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
fix. coil whine problem.

Last edited:
Recently, I did a fresh install of Mojave. Everything went well except AppStore. When I click on AppStore, the machine freezes.... Any tips?

Did anyone try to get Catalina working?
Not yet. I recommend waiting for 10.15.3 so the bugs are removed, and Uni/MultiBeast are available. Mojave still runs great, and, since Catalina won't run 32bit apps, it gives you time to update your 32bit apps to 64bit apps. Use GO64 to list your 32bit apps.

Tried a clean Catalina install. But I got stuck at SMCSuperIO: ssio @ detected device ITE IT8620E...

Tried a clean Catalina install. But I got stuck at SMCSuperIO: ssio @ detected device ITE IT8620E...

The issue turned out to be the 5600 XT. I installed Catalina 10.15.3 via upgrade from previous system (High Sierra) with Mac Pro 6.1 definitions and GTX 1060 as temporary graphics output as Xeons do not have IGPU. (BTW, BIOS config was in line with original 'Hector build' recommendations.) Once the system was installed, I swapped the GPU after adding the agdpmod=pikera boot arg. Newest lilu and whatevrgreen seem to take care of the reported DP output issues. (I work with dual monitor setup via DisplayPort.) The rest of the Clover Config was "stock" from UniBeast.
Still need to work on enabling all mb's USB 3 ports and on-board audio, but everything else seems to work so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back