Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ajemutt,
You can install both AtherosE2200Ethernet and AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet kexts with MultiBeast. Since the H/Z motherboard has two Ethernet chipsets, installing both will ensure the Ethernet port you use will be supported. Use the MultiBeast version for the macOS you've installed.

Thanks. I did try again to install all 3 kexts with MB, but it still didn't work. I wiped the system and started to reinstall. But, once I booted from the UniBeast drive and before I started the OS install, I opened the terminal and pinged my router, and it was working, so I knew it wasn't my hardware. I then did the clean install.

Once it was up, I ran MB again and installed AppleIntel and Atheros, but upon reboot, networking still didn't work. I popped the UniBeast drive back in, mounted its EFI and looked at what kexts were where, and compared to the EFI on the boot drive.

I found that MB had installed the kexts into S/L/E, but they were not in EFI/Clover/Kexts. I copied all the kexts, and dropped them in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and rebooted, and it all seemed to work.

My wondering is: Why did MB for Yosemite create a clover folder in the EFI? Wasn't MB still using Chimera then?

Also, I was feeling cocky, so I downloaded the Mojave installer and ran that - 30 min later, the system was booting into Mojave with no major issues. I'm gonna push on the edges a little more tomorrow when I get into work to see if there's anything I need that's not working, but for the moment, I'm basking in the glow of a nice (and somewhat easily) working system.

thanks!

Ah, gotcha. I was basing off memory. I think Yosemite was out before Clover was integrated into MB, so maybe MB was updated with a mid version release? BTW, I went back and checked the (currently live version ) MB 7.5, and the features .pdf mentions Chameleon, Chimera and Easybeast, but not Clover, so maybe that doc wasn't updated then either.

Hello @Stork, thanks for your guides, this system is still rockin’! Any news about a possible Mojave upgrade?
I’ve got another question, maybe somebody can help: I’ve got a NVIDIA GTX 970 vga card and I would like to buy a good 4K display for image editing. Does the DP work OOB? Any chance to get audio through it?

Last edited:
Hello @Stork, thanks for your guides, this system is still rockin’! Any news about a possible Mojave upgrade?
I'll update Post #1 in the near future. It's basically the same as HS.
I’ve got another question, maybe somebody can help: I’ve got a NVIDIA GTX 970 vga card and I would like to buy a good 4K display for image editing. Does the DP work OOB? Any chance to get audio through it?
IIRC, you'll need DP1.2. Most good 4K monitors don't have speakers unless it's an add-on. I'm using a Dell U2715Q monitor, and it works very well. (I prefer the Dell Ultrasharps.)

I also use Dell monitor (U2515H 2K) with DP 1.2 cable. The AUX jack does NOT work. DDC/CI on other hand does.

DP and HDMI both worked OOB, but if you want everything to work you need HDMI 2.0 (preferably 2.0b) capable system with not the cheapest cable. :)

Last edited:
Hi when you say to upgrade the bios on the latest version, do I prefer stable or i can go for beta bios ?

Ok i succed to install high sierra, i will try to put mojave.
You should add to your guide, how to install without card.

After install
+ clover menu > options > graphic injector > inject intel
+ change platform id 0x16220007

Hi when you say to upgrade the bios on the latest version, do I prefer stable or i can go for beta bios ?
I don't recommend Beta BIOS unless there is a compelling reason as listed in the Beta description on GigByte's BIOS web page. In my case, I'm on F8 because I have not noticed any memory compatibility problems. YMMV.

You should add to your guide, how to install without card.

After install
+ clover menu > options > graphic injector > inject Intel
+ change platform id 0x16220007
Build Description threads focus on the owners setup. However, I'll reference your post for those that do read this Build Description that are not using a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back