Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Did anyone tried to install mojave?

Thanks a lot

John
No. I don't install the upgraded macOS until the 10.x.3 update is released so all the major bugs are worked out. Version 10.14.0/.1/.2 are for early adapters/hobbyists.

If you are not running a version of macOS but want to install Mojave, then await for the UniBeast/MultiBeast for Mojave which should be ready sometime in the first week of October.

No. I don't install the upgraded macOS until the 10.x.3 update is released so all the major bugs are worked out. Version 10.14.0/.1/.2 are for early adapters/hobbyists.

If you are not running a version of macOS but want to install Mojave, then await for the UniBeast/MultiBeast for Mojave which should be ready sometime in the first week of October.

Do you plan on upgrading your guide to Mojave? :)

Do you plan on upgrading your guide to Mojave? :)
Yes, when the major bugs are fixed which is usually at 10.x.3 update. Additionally, all my apps then have Mojave compatible versions. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Do you know roughly when this might be?
I am guessing in January, 2019. However, I've been using Mojave on a test disk, and it seems stable and without any major bugs that I can detect. The only drawback to installing/upgrading to Mojave is MultiBeast v11 is still being developed (long story). See my post here in MyHero II build description thread on two techniques to install Mojave if you are anxious to upgrade.

I am guessing in January, 2019. However, I've been using Mojave on a test disk, and it seems stable and without any major bugs that I can detect. The only drawback to installing/upgrading to Mojave is MultiBeast v11 is still being developed (long story). See my post here in MyHero II build description thread on two techniques to install Mojave if you are anxious to upgrade.

Great, thanks for that link! I have a pretty vanilla install of High Sierra at the moment using clover and a couple of kexts (no MultiBeast). I haven't got my head around USB on this board yet so was thinking I should upgrade to Mojave first and then work it out.

Hey Stork,

Thanks for keeping this guide alive. I've actually built 4 systems using it, and 2.5 of them have been relatively problem free for a few years (2 of them are servers, and have been up somewhat 24/7 for more than 3 years!).

I've replaced one of these builds (Red Depth in my sig) with a Z370 because I wanted a little better 4K performance, and I've wiped Red Depth's drive and am trying to reinstall a clean OS so I can have a spare machine ready if I need a clean box quickly.

Using the updated Hector guide, I tried to install both High Sierra and Sierra. Both gave me the crossed out circle upon boot from the UniBeast created stick, so I tried a third time with Yosemite, and that worked OK. The system is fast, and everything works except neither Ethernet port is working.

I've tried installing the most recent versions of AppleIntele1000e and Atheros kexts, both one at a time, and then at the same time. I also tried the most recent Intellimause as well.

In the System Prefs Network pane, there is no Ethernet port listed, only Built In Serial Port, and when I try to add an adapter, it doesn't have any options other than PPPoe and VPN

I've run MultiBeast more than once thinking it might be similar to the audio drivers where they might not take on the first attempt, but that's not working either.

Does having all 2 (or 3) Ethernet kexts installed at the same time cause conflicts?

I've attached my config.plist if that's helpful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back