Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, somehow I must just not be great at directions. I removed the /extra folder and everything was working great so I went ahead and printed the instructions to install from USB and made my carbon copy drive.

In the installer I had it install over my yosemite install. I can boot to desktop from the USB but Multibeast wouldn't run. The console log said something about the APFS.efi file, so I put the one for 10.13.6 in the x64 folder. Still won't boot from the hard disk. I'm also noticing that even though it says multibeast couldn't install, I have the 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13 folders in my efi drive and the clover drive selection screen still says that my drive is HFS+.

I'm out of town today so hopefully I'll be able to get back at troubleshooting tomorrow.

welp now I'm really lost. I got MultiBeast to work by just unmounting my EFI partition before clicking install. That went perfect and I can now see all my system performance in HWMonitor. However, when I reboot I flat can't get to clover without booting from the USB.

I don't get any errors, I just sit at the GigaByte logo screen for 20 seconds and then the system reboots. I'm pretty lost.

I'm also getting text on the screen in between the Gigabyte logo and the clover screen when I boot from USB but it disappears too quickly for me to be able to read. I think it's saying something about a disk. DiskUtil is showing my disk as APFS but clover from the usb is still showing it as HFS.

welp now I'm really lost. I got MultiBeast to work by just unmounting my EFI partition before clicking install. That went perfect and I can now see all my system performance in HWMonitor. However, when I reboot I flat can't get to clover without booting from the USB.

I don't get any errors, I just sit at the GigaByte logo screen for 20 seconds and then the system reboots. I'm pretty lost.
Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Thank you, @P1LGRIM! I'm moving forward at least now.

When I do that, I'm able to get to Clover and boot from my SSD. While I was playing around, I noticed that I can't log in to Messages. So I tried copying my old config.plist back, and I was able to get to Clover but not boot. I reverted back to the USB's EFI partition again and then tried running MultiBeast as if it were from a fresh UniBeast install and the Clover selection screen never appears and the system doesn't boot. It does this whether I run MultiBeast with or without NVRAM emulator.

Do you have any suggestions on what you'd look at next?

Thanks for the help. That certainly made the problem more consistent so I could solve. Ending up being an issue with the last east clover build.

At the Clover screen, choose the External icon (UniBeast USB thumb drive) to execute and follow Step 4 in the tonymacx86 guide.

Hello Stork!

What do you exactly mean by this?
Could you please a link to which guide you mean here?

Haven't followed the hackintosh scene for years and now obvious things are making questions in my head. Sorry for it.
I really appreaciate your work, thanks a bunch for sharing it!!

Tuan

At the Clover screen, choose the External icon (UniBeast USB thumb drive) to execute and follow Step 4 in the tonymacx86 guide.
Hello Stork!

What do you exactly mean by this?
Could you please a link to which guide you mean here?

Haven't followed the hackintosh scene for years and now obvious things are making questions in my head. Sorry for it.
I really appreaciate your work, thanks a bunch for sharing it!!

Tuan
Thank you for pointing out the point that I didn't say what guide. Last year it was obvious - tonymacx86's UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC. Now that Mojave is out, I'll update my OP to reflect to that guide.

Thank you for pointing out the point that I didn't say what guide. Last year it was obvious - tonymacx86's UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC. Now that Mojave is out, I'll update my OP to reflect to that guide.
Thank you!

After a little more thinking I was able to figure out which one you could think of! :)

Now, I did everything just as youwrote, but I'm getting an outlined circle in place of the Apple logo after initializing the Install.
I am using a really old 2.5 HDD, a WD250BEVS to be exact. Could this be the problem?

Edit: Just tried again with a somewhat newer 2.5 HDD (Toshiba 320GB 7200RPM from 2013 from a ThinkPad T430 - same thing.)

Last edited:
Thank you!

After a little more thinking I was able to figure out which one you could think of! :)

Now, I did everything just as youwrote, but I'm getting an outlined circle in place of the Apple logo after initializing the Install.
I am using a really old 2.5 HDD, a WD250BEVS to be exact. Could this be the problem?

Edit: Just tried again with a somewhat newer 2.5 HDD (Toshiba 320GB 7200RPM from 2013 from a ThinkPad T430 - same thing.)
Hard drive isn't the problem. I think it's your HD4600 graphics.

Are you installing High Sierra or Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back