Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 Two Monitors

Thanks Stork!

I'm curious how you've got the WiFi antennas connected, since that iMac card has 4 ports, but the Intel card that comes with that mobo only has 2.
I used the two H97N's antennas and leads; they were a PITA to get connected because the leads are so short. I had two spare antennas with longer leads in my "junk drawer" (a PCIe card made for a WiFi chipset), and I threaded the two antennas leads through a hole in the back of the Prodigy's case by the Back Panel's antenna leads - the hole was part of the rear fan's mounting, but outside the fan. So after spending too much time attaching those really small antenna leads to the card, I attached the antennae themselves to the leads and balanced the antennas, each pointing a different direction, across the motherboard antennas. Now, this is only temporary (yeah right) as I plan to drill two holes in the case to accept a better way to mount the antennae.

If I had an mATX motherboard and a different case, I'd use one of those PCIe two antennae cards that don't have a chipset on them. You can get them from eBay.

Here's some parts that I ran across while thinking about this installation.

2 X U.FL Mini PCI to RP-SMA Pigtail Antenna WiFi Cable (~18 cm in length or ~7 in) - Use these to replace the Gigabyte antennae leads and then get two 2.4/5GHz compatible antennas.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3M122H3489

Mini PCI-E to PCI-E Wireless Adapter w/ 3 Antenna WiFi - This like what I had in my junk drawer, but you can probably find them cheaper on eBay. I removed the antennae and leads and used them.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3SD1K46705

Dear Storrk,

Can I follow this guide to install Yosemite on a Gigabyte B85M-D3H motherboard? It is a Haswell generation board with an intel 4670 quad core paired to it? I will not be using wifi but the ethernet.

Thansk

Misscomp

No, I don't. You tried the only thing I could think of - another HDMI cable.

...Can I follow this guide to install Yosemite on a Gigabyte B85M-D3H motherboard? It is a Haswell generation board with an intel 4670 quad core paired to it? I will not be using wifi but the ethernet...
Yes, but your Ethernet Driver will be different. Surprisingly, there are now little difference between the MultiBeast for Yosemite (v7.1.1+) configurations for 8 and 9-series motherboards - audio and Ethernet drivers, depending upon the motherboard. I've also noted in my Yosemite Guide one 9-series must have that you don't need. Good luck!

Dear Stork,

Thanks for the excellent guide. I will study it in detail. I have not seen too many Yosemite installs on the Gigabyte B85M motherboard. Please direct me to an example if you know of one.

Misscomp

Dear Stork,

What kinds of boot flags do you think I will need to issue for my install of Yosemite? I will install with only 1 stick of 2 gig Gskill ram. I will use integrated HD 4600 graphics and use the ethernet port? Maybe the -x -v boot flag? I am new to hackintosh. I have the Gigabyte B85M D3H motherboard.

thanks,

Misscomp

What kinds of boot flags do you think I will need to issue for my install of Yosemite? I will install with only 1 stick of 2 gig Gskill ram. I will use integrated HD 4600 graphics and use the ethernet port? Maybe the -x -v boot flag? I am new to hackintosh. I have the Gigabyte B85M D3H motherboard.
See the original post for a link to my detailed installation guide.

Dear Stork,

I would like to know if I can use a regular USB keyboard and mouse instead of a Apple mouse and keyboard for the hackintosh. Do I have to plug in the components in certain USB spots on the back of the motherboard. I remember reading this somewhere in the past for Mavericks install.

If I only use 4 gigs of system RAM do you think I will have to issue the maxmem flag?
I am new to Hackintosh and reading up how to set up a system.

Misscomp

A USB Windoze keyboard and mouse will work. The Windoze key is the Apple Command key; the Alt key is the Apple Option key.

For installation, the best USB ports to use for your mouse and keyboard is the ports above the PS/2 port on the motherboard's Back Panel.

Dear Stork,

Couple of questions regarding the Yosemite install. I have the Gigabyte G85M-D3H motherboard with Intel 4670. I noticed that your system definition on your install is 14,1. There was another fellow who installed Yosemite on a Gigabyte B85M D3SH motherboard and he used the 3,1 system definition. Which one should I use?

I also have the Realtek LAN chipset. Will I be using the 8111 realtek drivers on Multibeast? I checked my motherboard website and it does not specifically specify which model of the realtek chipset my board uses.

I noticed that you did not use trim enabler on your Multibeast settings. Why is that?

Misscomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back