Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Stork,
I posted this request in the wrong forum and got told off. I hope I'm in the right place here.
Could you please have a look at the 2 screen shots I have attached and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I also tried this recommendation but OS got stuck at the spinning circle:
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
etc.
When you edit a plist with a text editor it copies invisible formatting characters that xml cannot interpret.
Always use a dedicated plist editor.

Hi Stork,
I posted this request in the wrong forum and got told off. I hope I'm in the right place here.
Could you please have a look at the 2 screen shots I have attached and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I also tried this recommendation but OS got stuck at the spinning circle:
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
etc.
You didn't follow my instructions as you didn't "...replace the existing Increase 15 Port Limit patch..."

P1LGRIM is correct that it's possible you have some invisible characters. Spacebar spaces will screw it up if you used them to align the command lines instead of Tab key to align the code. So, remove the leading spacebar spaces and use the Tab key to indent.

P1LGRIM is also correct about using a plist editor, like Xcode (Apple's) or PlistProEdit. However, you'll have use different "data", but I digress. Just fix it with the TextEdit method.

If the above doesn't work, attach your config.plist so I can try to fix it.

Update: See Post #672 in the macOS 10.13.4 Update thread. It has multi methods to update the config.plist with this patch.

Last edited:
You didn't follow my instructions as you didn't "...replace the existing Increase 15 Port Limit patch..."

P1LGRIM is correct that it's possible you have some invisible characters. Spacebar spaces will screw it up if you used them to align the command lines instead of Tab key to align the code. So, remove the leading spacebar spaces and use the Tab key to indent.

P1LGRIM is also correct about using a plist editor, like Xcode (Apple's) or PlistProEdit. However, you'll have use different "data", but I digress. Just fix it with the TextEdit method.

Update: See Post #672 in the macOS 10.13.4 Update thread. It has multi methods to update the config.plist with this patch.
I will try again tonight. May I tell you that I think you're amazing taking your time to help people you don't even know. Oh one more quick question. Am I right to copy it line by line?

I will try again tonight. May I tell you that I think you're amazing taking your time to help people you don't even know. Oh one more quick question. Am I right to copy it line by line?

Am I right to copy the code line by line?

I have just been successful in editing the plist and it appears properly under Kernel and Kext patches but still no USB3. My USB3.1 on the other hand has always worked. My computer is a new built and I have only ever installed 10.13.4.
Please have a quick look at my config.plist and see if there is still something wrong. The fix by RehabMan is definitely way over my head.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 188

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 211
See if this makes any difference :
You're a genius. Thank you so much. I wished I could take you out for a drink.
I hope that when I get my 970EVO 1tb that everything will go smoothly across and then I should have a great machine. Thanks again, Ralf

Last edited:
Thanks, P1LGRIM! Beat me to it. (Too many Honey-Do's today.)

Good News! Updated to 10.13.5 today with only having to reload the audio driver (lost sound). Here's what I did:
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Update to the latest Clover: Downloads > Clover Builds.
:ch: Update your apfs.efi according to tonymacx86s guide How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads;
:ch: Download the High Sierra 10.13.5 Update from Apple's Mac App Store and run it - the updater will reboot two times upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting into High Sierra after the last reboot, you will need to re-install the audio ALC892 driver:
:ch:Run MultiBeast again and select:
:ch: Driver > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892​
:ch:Build -> Install
:ch:Reboot​
:ch: (Optional) Update to the latest version of Clover (currently v4428),
:ch: Check to see if your TRIM setting has survived through the update (About this Mac > System > System Report > SATA/SATA Express) - if not, use the following Terminal command:
Code:
sudo trimforce enable
:ch:Re-boot.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back