Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I did it with the a new SSD drive. I have a second drive for Windows from the "old" Yosemite installation. Without connected the Sierra Drive, Windows is booting. With connected Sierra Drive Clover shows the Sierra and Windows 7 drive, but when I starting Windows the system shows a white blinking dot (underscore??) and that's all. No booting. Any idea? Thanks
Unfortunately, I can't help since I don't have any other OS on my systems. I recommend your post your problem in the Multi-Booting forum section after you read Going Bald's (sticky) tutorial threads.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/

I have this setup, and its a triple boot system(Windows 8, Ubuntu, and the latest macOS). It look a lot of trial an error, but I believe i resolved the issue (because it was forever long ago that I tinkered with this) by using one SSD for just my operating systems. The drive is partitioned into 3 parts. Install wWindows first, then Linux and then macOS. You will need to fix the Windows boot loader in Linux so that Windows is bootable.

I followed this guide (or one similar to this) https://lifehacker.com/5698205/how-to-triple-boot-your-hackintosh-with-windows-and-linux

Off topic: This set up is still kicking and performing great.

Hi all,

Did anyone installed High-sierra on this board?

Can I use the same method?

Thanks
Now that High Sierra 10.13.4 is out and is mature enough, I will update later next week (traveling now), and I'll update the procedures in Post #1. Thanks for your patience,

Now that High Sierra 10.13.4 is out and is mature enough, I will update later next week (traveling now), and I'll update the procedures in Post #1. Thanks for your patience,
Hey @Stork , first of all thank you for all the effort you've put in this build. Is there any chance to see HS anytime soon on this board? Do you think it will be painful to upgrade directly from Sierra? Thanks again buddy

Hey @Stork , first of all thank you for all the effort you've put in this build. Is there any chance to see HS anytime soon on this board? Do you think it will be painful to upgrade directly from Sierra? Thanks again buddy
I have updated to HS 10.13.4 (Build 17E202 which includes the Supplemental and Security updates). No problems except I forgot to update Post #1. Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, MultiBeast v10.3.0 is due out this week. Let's wait for that because (IIRC) it fixes the audio problem created by the 10.13.4 Supplemental and Security updates and includes the latest Clover version. :thumbup: I'll publish then.

FINALLY!! I updated Post #1 to show the procedures for a fresh installation or installing over Sierra. I thank you all (johnisdead, lemmy82, et al) for being so patient.

FINALLY!! I updated Post #1 to show the procedures for a fresh installation or installing over Sierra. I thank you all (johnisdead, lemmy82, et al) for being so patient.
Hi Stork,
I posted this request in the wrong forum and got told off. I hope I'm in the right place here.
Could you please have a look at the 2 screen shots I have attached and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I also tried this recommendation but OS got stuck at the spinning circle:
Name: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 9.51.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 9.51.23 pm.png
    201.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 10.02.50 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 10.02.50 pm.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 194
Status
Not open for further replies.