Contribute
Register

Stork's Entry Level Hector Build: GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690 - HD4600 & GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, the Sierra installer requires 2 reboots.

What installations/drives are showing on the Clover boot screen?

What installations/drives are showing on the Clover boot screen?

Clover? I am using Chimera (your installation guide for Yosemite) = Yosemite & Windows (2 drives)

Ah, no wonder.

Simple procedure: To upgrade, I'd install Sierra on a new drive using the tonymacx86 Sierra Installation guide and creating a "dummy" account, like Admin. Then, after you've got the Sierra installation working, use the Migration Assistant to move your applications and user folder(s) over to the Sierra drive. Don't select Other Files in Migration Assistant's list of choices.

Another procedure: Use tonymacx86's Clover Basics and Switching Advice guide adapting it for Sierra.

I upgrade my machine to High Sierra using the default method. The only thing I lost was Bluetooth on the motherboard. Any ideas?

I upgrade my machine to High Sierra using the default method. The only thing I lost was Bluetooth on the motherboard. Any ideas?
Nope. I'm not using High Sierra until the .3 version of HS. HS has too many bugs and a new file system. So, I recommend you post your problem in the High Sierra Desktop Support forum section. Be sure to state what is the make/model number of your Bluetooth device and the Back Panel USB port you're using.

Thanks!

Its the bluetooth built into the motherboard

GA-H97N-WIFI - i5-4690
Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 6.0.0f7

Hardware, Features, and Settings
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
Handoff Supported: No
Instant Hot Spot Supported: No
Manufacturer: Intel
Transport: USB
Firmware Version: 6.3584 (6.3584)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: On
Connectable: Yes
Auto Seek Pointing: On
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x8087
Product ID: 0x07DC
HCI Version: 4.0 (0x6)
HCI Revision: 0xE00
LMP Version: 4.0 (0x6)
LMP Subversion: 0xE00
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104
Device Class (Major): 0x01
Device Class (Minor): 0x01
Service Class: 0x1C0
Auto Seek Keyboard: On

Services:

Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
State: Disabled

Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Save to location
When receiving items: Accept all without warning

Bluetooth Internet Sharing:

Incoming Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Incoming-Port:
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Requires Authentication: No

Ah, no wonder.

Simple procedure: To upgrade, I'd install Sierra on a new drive using the tonymacx86 Sierra Installation guide and creating a "dummy" account, like Admin. Then, after you've got the Sierra installation working, use the Migration Assistant to move your applications and user folder(s) over to the Sierra drive. Don't select Other Files in Migration Assistant's list of choices.

Another procedure: Use tonymacx86's Clover Basics and Switching Advice guide adapting it for Sierra.

@Stork

Thanks, I did it with the a new SSD drive. I have a second drive for Windows from the "old" Yosemite installation. Without connected the Sierra Drive, Windows is booting. With connected Sierra Drive Clover shows the Sierra and Windows 7 drive, but when I starting Windows the system shows a white blinking dot (underscore??) and that's all. No booting. Any idea? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back