Contribute
Register

Stop the popping in (High) Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is working great for me, thanks.

Thank you for that. I have used AntiPop a while ago. Since I had to switch to iMac 14.2 for Sierra the pop sound bothered me again. There is a difference in the OP. The first example uses 25 and the exact description shows 10 as time. The default has been 10 in AntiPop isn't it?

Thank you, that worked, on Sierra 10.12.3 :)

sudo nano /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mattsday.antipop.plist

paste the text of the program

ctrl + o to save the file
ctrl + x to exit

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.mattsday.antipop.plist

Thats it.

Thank you, that worked, this it's the right!

So this works great, until my computer goes to sleep. Then I have nothing after the wake. Anyone else?

This also worked to get the popping to stop for me, but after sleep I either get no sound or sound for just a couple minutes and then nothing. Did you ever figure out a way to fix the audio after sleep?

Thanks!

This also worked to get the popping to stop for me, but after sleep I either get no sound or sound for just a couple minutes and then nothing. Did you ever figure out a way to fix the audio after sleep?

Thanks!

Same here, Sleep kills the sound. any tips and tricks ?

Same here, Sleep kills the sound. any tips and tricks ?

Anyone?! Please help!

One bad fix seems to kinda work. When I wake up from sleep, I immediately start playing music from iTunes. The sound will work as long there is continuous sound right from the moment you wake. But if I stop playing music and do nothing that has sound for a minute then the sound is gone.

Anyone know about the option in Clover Configurator in Devices, checkbox titled "AFGLowPowerState"? At wiki it says it "helps remove cracking sounds at audio output after idle mode, so sound card is always on"https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#devices_audio_audio-afglowpowerstate

I have not tried with it checked yet, I am scared it might mess things up further. Does anyone know if I can hit the checkbox and not destroy anything important so I can see what it does? Has anyone tried it with the antipop daemon/service from this thread?

Had to decrease the interval down to 1 second so my Edifier R2700(spdif) wouldn't pop. Back when I was using windows I had to use similar app (SoundKeeper) to keep my sound "awake". So it's most likely because of my speakers and I think it would be enough 5 or 10 seconds for headphones or any analog speakers
Anyway thanks for workaround.

Tested on El Capitan 10.11.6 working like charm! thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back