Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
A bit of a repost from the guide thread, but:

Gigabyte X79-UP4, firmware F4
8x4GB 2133mhz G.Skill Ripjawz
EVGA Superclocked GTX 570

Loading Unibeast 3.0.1 from 16GB sandisk cruzer or 64GB Sandisk SSD (just to rule out the thumb drive)

From Chimera, I've tried quite a few boot flags, basically all combinations of:
-v -x cpus=1 USBBusFix=YES npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0
also npci=1000,2000,4000, etc.

Right now I'm getting through quite a few pages of "Read HFS+ file" before the screen goes blank and the computer restarts.

Yesterday (before I started writing down all my combinations of boot flags, I should have known better) I was getting to a grey apple screen before the computer hung there indefinitely. The only thing that was different was today I reset my bios to "Optimized Defaults" - before I had some W8 features selected as well as a XMP Profile 1 because without it, my 2133 memory reads as 1600.

I think the only really unusual bit about my system is that my graphics card is in slot 3 (the OTHER 16x slot) because my big but quiet noctua cooler doesn't allow access to the first slot. And yes, I feel dumb about that purchase. I don't think that's why it isn't booting, right?

What would you try next? any other boot flags?

The weird thing is that I've had other hackintoshes - staring in 2009 I had a EX58-UD5 i7 920 that worked like a charm for years, and that was back when things were much more difficult for most people. But I can't get unibeast to work, which everyone says is easy. I think I recall someone offering personal assistance for a bit of $$$ - I don't have a huge amount for it, but if somebody who knows what they're doing could help me troubleshoot I'd pay something for that. Or not

Thanks!

I think I would simplify things :
Remove the discrete graphics card and connect your monitor to the onboard DVI port (VGA is not supported).
Set BIOS to Optimised Defaults.

Boot with -v -x

If that doesn't work, try some of your other boot flags.

Good Luck

PS - Read the rules above - You're not allowed to pay for assistance - Nothing to stop you donating to the site though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back