Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Elitebook 820 G4
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Hi. I'm trying to install 10.9 on an elitebook 820 g4. I can almost get through to boot, but it hangs at the end..."still waiting for root". This would be my first hackbook, but from reading the forums, it seems like it might have something to do with the USB ports. This particular laptop only has USB3 ports. I followed the guide using a USB3 stick and a USB2 external drive, resulting in the attached. I also tried both of them via a USB2 hub as per some of the advice on here, but neither were recognized as bootable media with this approach. I'm about to give up; is there any hope for this project?

Attachments

• IMG_20190512_022646.jpg
    IMG_20190512_022646.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 148
  • EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 194
Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Thx, didn't see there was a different forum for laptops....still hoping someone knows something.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

These are the guides I have followed. I attached the EFI folder from the current version of my USB installer - is something wrong in there? I also mentioned specifically about the USB3 ports in the original post - there are no USB2 ports on the laptop in question. I have also searched within the forums on this page and done more general googling, but with no problem-solving results or definitive answers why this particular model won't boot.

Telling everyone that you're going to give up when it gets difficult does not inspire anyone to help.

More an indication of my frustration. OK, I'm not going to give up until I get it working or know for certain that the hardware isn't compatible. I have spent several days working on this, including reading instructions and the FAQ thoroughly. I've gone through the process with these instructions linked in the FAQ several times from the beginning and end up with the same result. I have checked several pages on this site where people had similar problems and the solutions there were either not applicable or didn't work for me.

I feel like I've given it a pretty thorough attempt before posting on the forum. As I wrote, this would be my first time, so I'm not surprised if I've done something wrong, but not from not following the guide or reading the FAQ page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back