Contribute
Register

Still waiting for root device (Z68X-UD3H-B3 and Radeon HD6870)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
Gigabyte HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey I hate to be the poster who obviously just doesn't know how to use search, but I've read and tried everything.

I have a working 10.7.4 installation, no problems. Booting off the ML unibeast usb stick, trying to get to the installer, it hangs at the apple logo and spinning gear with the little do not enter symbol. In verbose, right after confirming firewire is working, the screen blinks and then starts to print "Still waiting for root device." This seems to be a common problem, but I can't find the solution. I've tried all combinations of boot flags as well as the chameleon boot file from the working lion install.

I also am aware with issues with 6XXX graphics on ML, the cursor and white screen. I don't know if I just haven't gotten far enough for it hang there or not, but I've tried deleting the ATI6000 kext from the unibeast drive to no avail.

Thanks for your help!

I'm wondering whether a hackintosh is the right choice if the user isn't able to solve these very common problems.

Issue "Still waiting for...": It hasn't to do anything with the bootflags for chameleon, it's vanilla kernel related => Solution is in this thread: h**p://www.insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280062&st=0

Issue with 68xx: => http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

EDIT: The forum software chaffs the external link so you have to copy and paste it.

And I'm wondering why you link to other sites as well as not being aware that links to that site don't work from here...
Additionally if these are such basic problems, why not just answer the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back