Contribute
Register

Still waiting for root device (WHY!?!?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 420 Motherboard
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 4xxx (probably 4850)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

So I have been trying to install OS X Snow Leopard on my Intel-based Dell XPS 420.

2GB 667Mhz RAM
750GB HDD

I have tried the boot flags all at once:
-v -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but if ANYONE replied, that would be amazing.
Thanks.

Hi,

So I have been trying to install OS X Snow Leopard on my Intel-based Dell XPS 420.

2GB 667Mhz RAM
750GB HDD

I have tried the boot flags all at once:
-v -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but if ANYONE replied, that would be amazing.
Thanks.

How are you installing ?
Which method ?

I am using iBoot 3.3.0 on a DVD and the OS X Snow Leopard DVD to install OS X On my PC.

I am using iBoot 3.3.0 on a DVD and the OS X Snow Leopard DVD to install OS X On my PC.

Did you try pressing F5 again ?

You may have problems with the HD4850 - Type HD4850 into the Search box on this page to see what I mean.

I'm doing that right now!

Well, I loaded the iBoot menu, then took that disc out and put in the SNow Leopard DVD, pressed F5 and it changes the disc name to Mac OS X Install DVD.

Do you know any boot flags that might help?

Do I need another version of iBoot (I currently have 3.3.0)?
I watched a video on YouTube on how to install OS X Snow Leopard via the iBoot method, and he said that you need for 4GB of RAM, is that true?

It didn't work. I booted it the normal way with the Apple logo displayed and the loading symbol, but 2 minutes later, above the Apple logo, it showed a stop/no entry sign, so I am gonna boot it into verbos mode "-v" without the quotes, so I can see what is wrong and will report back (it will probably say "Still waiting for root device".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back