Motherboard
HP Z600
CPU
2x Xeon X5570
Graphics
Quadro 4000 (2GB)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys! You may or may not remember me from last year, when I tried to get my HP Z600 Workstation on Sierra. After taking a temporary hiatus from hackintoshing (or at least attempting to hackintosh) I am back and trying to get my HP EliteBook 8440p laptop on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I figured Snow Leopard would be a good choice since my computer only has an HDD and 4GB RAM.

Anyway, let me get straight to the point. I've been following your Snow Leopard guide over on your Blogspot, using iBoot Legacy for booting and a 10.6.3 DVD that I just got yesterday from the Apple Store. However, when I've been trying to boot, I keep getting 'still waiting for root device'. I've tried PCIRootUID=1, -x and GraphicsEnabler=No. From previous experience on this website's forums, I've learnt that this means it can't find a device to boot the installer off of. However, booting off of iBoot works absolutely fine. Maybe it's because it doesn't have any DVD drivers? I've read another thread from a person with the same laptop and they say that they were able to install it just fine. So what seems to be wrong with mine? I'll provide extra info if you need it.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support

Hi guys! You may or may not remember me from last year, when I tried to get my HP Z600 Workstation on Sierra. After taking a temporary hiatus from hackintoshing (or at least attempting to hackintosh) I am back and trying to get my HP EliteBook 8440p laptop on Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I figured Snow Leopard would be a good choice since my computer only has an HDD and 4GB RAM.

Anyway, let me get straight to the point. I've been following your Snow Leopard guide over on your Blogspot, using iBoot Legacy for booting and a 10.6.3 DVD that I just got yesterday from the Apple Store. However, when I've been trying to boot, I keep getting 'still waiting for root device'. I've tried PCIRootUID=1, -x and GraphicsEnabler=No. From previous experience on this website's forums, I've learnt that this means it can't find a device to boot the installer off of. However, booting off of iBoot works absolutely fine. Maybe it's because it doesn't have any DVD drivers? I've read another thread from a person with the same laptop and they say that they were able to install it just fine. So what seems to be wrong with mine? I'll provide extra info if you need it.

SATA mode is set to AHCI?

EDIT: Nah, I'm fine. Can access finderbar with keyboard using Ctrl+f2.

SATA mode is set to AHCI?
Thanks! I can now successfully boot to the installer, but the mouse, which I need to get to disk utility, will not work. Any idea why?

(PS: Mousepad is Synaptics PS/2 port touchpad)

That is not a mouse (that is a trackpad).
Use a USB mouse/keyboard if necessary.
I would but USB isn't working. Can't install Multibeast as the mouse isn't working and I have no idea how to navigate the Installer with the keyboard.

I would but USB isn't working. Can't install Multibeast as the mouse isn't working and I have no idea how to navigate the Installer with the keyboard.

Suggest you work on getting either USB or PS2 (trackpad/keyboard) working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back