Contribute
Register

"Still waiting for root device" + Prohibited sign during the installation.

Motherboard
Asus TUF Gaming H570 Pro
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello guys !
I'm new in the Hackintosh univers, since last week I'm trying to install MacOS Ventura on my computer but during the installation I got a problem "Still waiting for root device" with a prohibited sign. I have done a lot of things from the OpenCore documentation and forum. But I always have the same problem. I'm plugged in a USB2 port with a USB2 flashdrive, I have already try with another one.
Thank you for your help !

IMG_3319.jpg

Hello guys !
I'm new in the Hackintosh univers, since last week I'm trying to install MacOS Ventura on my computer but during the installation I got a problem "Still waiting for root device" with a prohibited sign. I have done a lot of things from the OpenCore documentation and forum. But I always have the same problem. I'm plugged in a USB2 port with a USB2 flashdrive, I have already try with another one.
Thank you for your help !

View attachment 564540

Hi there.

This error means that the USB port you are using to boot your system has become deactivated during the startup.

To help with this problem we would need to know what USB configuration work you have already done.

Did you create your own EFI folder or have you used someone else's?

:)

Yes ! This is my own EFI folder. I didn't try with a "preset".
I have change USB drive / USB port, adding some kexts like SATA Unsupported / NVMeFix, checking the XHCI Hand off, adding SSDT-RHUB, disable the virtualization, try differents root arguments and other different things I think !

Do you think I should try an EFI preset from another person to know if the problem come from my own EFI ?

Last edited:
Do you think I should try an EFI preset from another person

No.

Instead explain how you configured the USB ports.

The points you made in post#3 are not what we mean.

If you have done nothing in the EFI to configure the USB ports then perhaps ZIP and upload your EFI folder for us to check (first though, blank your serial-number for privacy).

:)

And this is the same with a file do manualy.
(I think my message was not published because the link to download the EFI File)

(I think my message was not published because the link to download the EFI File)
Correct. See the Forum Rules:
  • Any posts containing links to external file/photo sharing sites will be removed. Please attach any and all attachments to your posts.

Correct. See the Forum Rules:
  • Any posts containing links to external file/photo sharing sites will be removed. Please attach any and all attachments to your posts.
I'm studip :lol: I tried yesterday, but I didn't succeed x)
So I have the same problem with a file create manualy and create with OCAT.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    8.3 MB · Views: 51
Hello !
I have mapped my USB Ports and It's fine that work.
I need to fix a problem, around the end of the MacOS installation the computer crash and I'm redirected to the Amibios page.

Back