GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Intel 6700k
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 8 GB
Hey guys,

I urgently require help.
Case:
  1. I created a Sierra-Bootstick (finished .raw file, burnt to USB-Stick)
  2. I booted from this USB-Stick.
  3. Selected Sierra Install
  4. In verbose mode it stops at still waiting for root device
Tried steps to solve:
  1. Try different USB-Port
  2. Use a SATA-Drive
  3. Another USB-Drive
  4. Installing a kext from (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...or-root-device-tried-almost-everything.77660/) (name of kext: "TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext"
  5. Used these boot flags: npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/still-waiting-for-root-device-error.76065/)
Every attempt leads to the same issue: A blurred text with a prohibited sign in the background.

Hardware:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-z170x-designare
  • CPU: Intel i7-6700k
  • GPU: Intel HD 530
Note: I attached my bios configuration to this threat. If anyone has a working GA-z170x-Designare Motherboard, could you upload your configuration? (Just save on a USB-Stick using Save & Exit->Save Profile->Select file in...)

Thank you a lot in advance.

If you need more information/files, I'll upload them immediately.

Attachments

• Bios-Configuration_GA-z170x-Designare.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 187
Can you private message me? Let's find a solution together and post it here afterwards. My Hackintosh works perfectly

Please read the rules.
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

To make this perfectly clear: I wanted to skype with him, find a solution and as I already wrote post the solution here!
I accept the rules, but it will take far longer to work with this forum than skyping!

I did a Clean Install using the man 16,2 Smbios, I did not have to run the ADGP fix for full graphics support and it seems to have fix the the boot error as well.however my hack now shows up as a iMac 21 inch late 2015.

I did a Clean Install using the man 16,2 Smbios, I did not have to run the ADGP fix for full graphics support and it seems to have fix the the boot error as well.however my hack now shows up as a iMac 21 inch late 2015.

16,2 no such thing. Use iMac 14,2 instead.

When I select 17,1 in clover configurator I get 16,2. I thought it was strange too but it worked. Comes up as a 21 inch late 2015 iMac.

Attach config.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 4.33.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 4.33.55 PM.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 623
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 4.34.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 4.34.48 PM.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 573
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back