CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hey folks,

been hackintoshing for quite some time now, but haven't had to do a new install for a while. I followed KGP's guide to create a bootable Mojave USB installer, but keep getting stuck at 'still waiting for root device' before everything on the screen gets garbled and scrambled.

i7-6800k with 32GB ram
Asus X99-A / USB 3.1
Radeon VII

I'm using the latest AptioMemoryFix, as well as USB limit patches and kexts, but still keep getting stuck at the same place. Would anyone be able to help? I've attached a picture of the error right before the prohibited symbol, and my EFI folder. Thanks.

Attachments

• Asus_X99-A_USB_3_1_i7-6800k_EFI.zip
    19.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20200519_124136068.jpg
    IMG_20200519_124136068.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
hey folks,

been hackintoshing for quite some time now, but haven't had to do a new install for a while. I followed KGP's guide to create a bootable Mojave USB installer, but keep getting stuck at 'still waiting for root device' before everything on the screen gets garbled and scrambled.

I'm using the latest AptioMemoryFix, as well as USB limit patches and kexts, but still keep getting stuck at the same place. Would anyone be able to help? I've attached a picture of the error right before the prohibited symbol, and my EFI folder. Thanks.
boot arg. npci=0x2000

Solved, needed a new USB drive on a USB 2 port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back