Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M DS3H
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I am trying to install el Capitan on a HP desktop, details below.

HP Elite 8100 Elite SFF:
i5 650 dual core at 3.2Ghz
4096MB DDR3/1333
HP BIOS v01.05
Intel HD Graphics (unclear which version), chipset Q57 Express

This may be an imperfect choice for a Hackintosh, but I have inherited this machine, and am trying to get it working as it, I may add in a discrete card but i think at this point, that is not a likely cause of my error.

BIOS Setting changed:
ACHI = enabled
VT-d = disabled
serial port A = disabled (this was mentioned in a few Elite guides, none exactly a match for mine)

Created USB w Unibeast 6.2.0 with options:
Legacy Boot (UEFI does not work)
MBR partition Map (GUID will not work)

When I boot via verbose mode I get the dreaded Still Waiting for root device just after the Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport message.
I am using a USB 2 key, and all ports are USB2, and I have tried all of them, front and back.

I have tried many boot flag combination after researching the error here, but none have made any difference, not even a different error:
1. cpus=1
2. npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No
3. cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No
4. PCIRootUID=0
5. PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
6. PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
7. cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v busratio=32
8. cpus=1 npci=0x3000 -v
9. -s -f -x -v
10.USBBusFix=Yes -f -v nv_disable=1

(dart=0 is added by default by Clover, so that is also applied to all of the above)

Boot screen attached, just before the "Still waiting for root device" line, which garbles the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,274
Thanks Pilgrim,
I have been through the big list and some of the boot options came from there.
I have seen the other elite guide, and I will try this next, is there are no other alternatives.

Your screenshot shows a graphics problem.
i5 650 has Intel® HD Graphics which are unsupported in OS X - You will need a discrete card.

Your screenshot shows a graphics problem.
i5 650 has Intel® HD Graphics which are unsupported in OS X - You will need a discrete card.

Is that the cause of the "Still waiting for root device" or are you referring to some other lines in the messages?
I was under the impression that Intel HD Graphics should still work, except without QE/CI ?

thanks

Thanks Pilgrim,
I have been through the big list and some of the boot options came from there.
I have seen the other elite guide, and I will try this next, is there are no other alternatives.

I've tried the Enoch USB install method on an Elite 8000 and it does work. I installed 10.11.3 with that method.
It should work with 10.11.5. After that you can try Clover but It's not clear yet if it will work with 10.11.5.
You can follow the Enoch guide that was linked previously. It's a long tedious process to make the installer
the manual way but it does get El Cap installed. You will need a discrete low profile card to do the install.
No way around that. A basic 30 dollar Nvidia card will do the job well.

When the boot process stops at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" it is usually what comes next that is the problem.
That is graphics and HD Graphics are unsupported in OS X.

"Still waiting for root device" when installing means that your USB flash drive is not detected.
Usually caused by putting it in a USB3 port (probably not in your case), if it is in a USB3 port move it to a USB2.
If it is in a USB2 port, move it to another.

Is that the cause of the "Still waiting for root device" or are you referring to some other lines in the messages?
I was under the impression that Intel HD Graphics should still work, except without QE/CI ?
thanks
The only Intel graphics, other than HD3000/4000 that work in these HP desktops is the X4500HD. Even then they only
work when you use Chimera bootloader to do the install. i.e. Mavericks or Yosemite installs.

I have the same issue. I have tried everything. Could you solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back