Contribute
Register

"Still waiting for accelerator to start..." and "Still waiting for root device..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a new ACPI DSDT from MaciASL is not recommended imo, extracting ACPI tables (DSDT, SSDT, etc.) from Linux (i.e. Ubuntu) is recommended for a more accurate extraction. Try doing that and re-applying your audio patches.

If you have a lot of fragments of left over Clover files, you should just wipe your hard drive completely and start over, as those may be conflicting. Same solution for your "lingering boot partition", "EFI boot partition" suspicions.

And at this point it's almost certain that doing something in MB is preventing it from booting properly or improperly detecting your HDD.

Ok, that's an interesting way to get ACPI tables haha. And I have re-partitioned my boot drive several times (each time I re-install). Is that not basically completely wiping it? (shows how much I know lol)

Also, I did some more forum research and realized that I might be missing a kext. Namely: Intel Generic AHCI SATA. It says that it supports x79 boards, which is what I have. Up till this point I have only installed 3rd Pary SATA kext. Apparently my board has two SATA controllers and one of them is supported by 3rd Party SATA and maybe this Intel Generic kext is what I need to support the other?
I'll re-install Yosemite and give it a shot and let you guys know

Ok! I reinstalled using that intel kext, and ran multibeast, adjusted the .plist file, ran Kext Wizard, then rebooted. I was able to get in as usual. So this time I did nothing after that reboot. Then rebooted again. I was able to get in normally. So i repeated 5 times with the same results lol. But then I installed the CUDA driver (I re-downloaded it to make sure it wasn't corrupted) and the next reset gave me the same thing "Still Waiting for Root device"

So apparently any major system changes I make after everything basic is working, sets this error off.
So weird. I can only seem to get in with -f now.

Is there a flag I'm missing? Here's my .plist:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<string>-f</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

And here's what I installed via Multibeast:

Current MB Config 2.jpg

Should I try an older version of MB? Come to think of it, I think I was actually using an older version when this was all working. Would that actually make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back