Graphics
Nvidia GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have now been at this for days and still cannot get this to boot at all, I have tried loads of different things but the problem is just strange!

First off: I have set Multibest up to do what I think is correct for my Motherboard and Other Hardware, it is what was there before Mavericks and I did have a fully working system under 10.8.4.

Next:I have tried to edit the 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' after someone said that this fixed their problem and I have created the following file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>npci</key>
<string>0x2000</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Now, the problem.

If I boot the system, I get the Chimera Screen, then a Light Grey Screen with an Apple Logo, and then after a second or two a rotating icon showing that something is happening, and then nothing! A Big Black Screen that does diddly squat, and what ever I try to do via the keyboard we have zero response and the only option here is to switch and try again.

Now, If I Stop the Chimera Boot and add the text npci=0x2000 it boots OK, now strangely before I used to have to use 0x3000 instead and now under mavericks I loose most of my internal HDD's if I use this.

What I cannot workout is that how do I set the npci=0x2000 in Multibeast other than in the 'org.chameleon.Boot.plist' file and as you will see this has been editing and the line added, but it looks like it is being ignored!

Chris

Attachments

• 2013-10-30_17-08-16.jpg
    2013-10-30_17-08-16.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 107
I am having the same exact problem! I have no idea what do do with all the codes and stuff. Did you ever get it to work? Any tips would be much appreciated. Also what BIOS settings do you have, because I can't even get mine to boot, just shows the apple logo for eternity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back