Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hi there,

I really hoped the issue with 60hz on 4k would have been fixed in os x 10.10.3 and latest web drivers. But unfortunately not...

Isn't there any fix?? Working at 30hz is so gawdaam annoying!!

Thanks for your reply.

You're right, here's some more information about the system;

- X99 Gigabyte UD5
- Intel i7 5930k
- Geforce GTX 980 MSI
- Plextor 256GB m6e m.2
- 32GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix
- Monitor: Dell UP3214Q 3840x2600 via displayport and MST

I use Clover bootloader and installed the latest Web Drivers and Cuda Drivers.
SMBIOS currently at iMac 14,2 but also tried mac pro 3,1

Also tried installing prior versions of os x 10, since 10.10.2 had the same issues. But that didn't work cause I don't have a legitimate installer. Downloaded versions just won't install via unibeast.

The last known version to output 4K@60Hz via DP MST display is 10.10.1 with 343.01.02f03 driver (and macmini6,2 smbios)
Newer OSes with different drivers all lead to the same - reboot loop with macmini, desktop with lowest macpro and imacs (limited to 30Hz) and black screen with macpro6,1
No solution found yet.

The last known version to output 4K@60Hz via DP MST display is 10.10.1 with 343.01.02f03 driver (and macmini6,2 smbios)
Newer OSes with different drivers all lead to the same - reboot loop with macmini, desktop with lowest macpro and imacs (limited to 30Hz) and black screen with macpro6,1
No solution found yet.

That really sucks, my system is really fast but it feels super laggy and slow at 30hz...

Do you think that this has something to do with nvidia drivers or with os x?

My own thought - 10.10.1 with nvidia drivers showed proper 60Hz due to error.
That error is corrected with OS updates and new drivers, so unlikely we will see 60Hz until apple introduce native maxwell support.

My own thought - 10.10.1 with nvidia drivers showed proper 60Hz due to error.
That error is corrected with OS updates and new drivers, so unlikely we will see 60Hz until apple introduce native maxwell support.

Interesting thought, maybe you're right about that. However, when will there be support for maxwell gpu?

I don't really feel like waiting for a possible update, do you..?

I keep things simple for myself - staying on 10.10.1
Got a clone of a boot drive on external USB HDD - experimenting with system updates & new drivers there without touching main.
As soon workable combination found - i'll post it here

Do you think that we have to be set to Mac Pro 6.1 or the newest iMac. Apples site states that only the latest macs will work in 4k? I get a black screen of death when i try 6.1. Im stuck too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back