Contribute
Register

stiligFox's PowerMac G7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your build looks great! I especially like the custom cable grommets for the PSU and rear panel. I may have to steal that idea for my build...

Very well done! Bravo. :thumbup:

I especially like your perfect cable management.

MacTester

About that LED Issue, I would check the wiring to the front panel and make sure that something isn't shorting. I've never had that issue personally unless the power was connected to the wrong spot.

This is absolutely a beautiful site to see
Great work

Very well done! Bravo. :thumbup:

I especially like your perfect cable management.

MacTester

Thank you!

About that LED Issue, I would check the wiring to the front panel and make sure that something isn't shorting. I've never had that issue personally unless the power was connected to the wrong spot.

I checked the connections, nothing seems to fix it. It may be the adapter that I purchased, I'll live with it until I make my own cable later on ^^

And thank you everyone for the kind comments ^^ I'll post a couple pictures later of my finished desk set up.

hi stiligfox your mod is really beautiful. especially with the cable management. that's why i wanna know where you purchased the hdd tray/casing to combine the 2 2.5 hdd together. im still planning to use the mac g5's hdd bay. and i want to do the same also. even the rear panel.

only im still thinking if i should open my rm850 and put on the mac g5 psu casing or just the same.

hi stiligfox your mod is really beautiful. especially with the cable management. that's why i wanna know where you purchased the hdd tray/casing to combine the 2 2.5 hdd together. im still planning to use the mac g5's hdd bay. and i want to do the same also. even the rear panel.

only im still thinking if i should open my rm850 and put on the mac g5 psu casing or just the same.

I used these for the bay adapters:

As for the RM850 to G5 PSU, if it is like the RM750, it won't work for the way I did mine. I purchased the RM750, took it apart, and it wouldn't fit, not without major major resoldering. So unless you can find another PSU, you'll be stuck with the one you have the way it is.

thanks! :D

im not yet done with my mod. and i asked laser hive about your panel for cabling management. and i think david mentioned it to you already :D

by the way how about the grommets that you used do you have any link? or what reference should i buy?

Hi stiligFox,

Really like your case mod. So close to the original g5 keeping the same airflow and layout.

Very clever it shows you spent a long time planning it all out. Great work.

thanks! :D

im not yet done with my mod. and i asked laser hive about your panel for cabling management. and i think david mentioned it to you already :D

by the way how about the grommets that you used do you have any link? or what reference should i buy?

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to respond >< I designed it specifically to go with these grommets: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/rubber-grommets-for-obsidian-series-800d

I ordered them and measured the insides of them, so they fit exactly to the panel!

Hope that helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back