Contribute
Register

stiligFox's PowerMac G7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi n3oNLit3

Yes it was me contacting Dave, he is willing to send me a new plate and tray with the new design same as the one you posted, I also have only 3 of the small groomets, I think I would change the one in the bottom right for one of the large ones and leave the two small ones on the left, but still haven't decided.

As far as the SATA cables, you would need a special tool for making phone line terminations called punch down tool, there like $15 at amazon.

Glad you got your PSU going, I also have that PSU in the original G5 case.

Thanks,

gatofelix86

Glad everything is looking up for your build!

For me - I used a large flat head screw driver and a gentle-yet-firm rocking back and forth motion to ease the wire down into the cutting part of the connector. What I did in particular is get a bunk drive, plug the cable end into it that, and then carefully put in the cables. The bunk drive helps by giving you something to hold on to without worrying about damaging a good drive.

• Install the BCM94360CD Wifi/Bluetooth card. I am waiting on a specific card adapter to come from China that will working in any slot besides the 1x slot.
Can you tell me all the parts you used to make this work, possibly a link to where you bought? I was looking at getting a Wifi/Bluetooth card for the m.2 slot, but dont want to have to hassle with mounting the antennas some way. Your method works quite nicely. Thanks

And if your interested in upgrading, I made a guide on installing El Capitan on our hardware:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...aming-5-i7-4790k-gtx-970-g1-os-x-10-11-a.html

Can you tell me all the parts you used to make this work, possibly a link to where you bought? I was looking at getting a Wifi/Bluetooth card for the m.2 slot, but dont want to have to hassle with mounting the antennas some way. Your method works quite nicely. Thanks

And if your interested in upgrading, I made a guide on installing El Capitan on our hardware:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...aming-5-i7-4790k-gtx-970-g1-os-x-10-11-a.html

Thanks for the instructions! I upgraded mine a couple weeks after release, but I think I missed a few things that your instructions will help with!

Also! I'm looking for the wifi adapter that I got, it was on Taobao, and I can't seem to find it yet. I found this one, which claims to work with x4, x8 and x16 slots (Because the x1 slot is blocked by our GPU, the other ones on eBay don't work) http://world.taobao.com/item/38195333521.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a230r.1.0.0.M8souu This one actually uses a newer Wifi chip than what I'm using, so this might work for you. Let me keep looking and I'll see what I can find. I had purchased the one linked here > #84 < but the link has been updated to the one I linked above.

EDIT: Sadly I can't find it :c I think the one I posted should work fine though.

EDIT 2: If you do use that PCIe card and it works successfully for you, I'll put it in my build part list for other people. I really should update my original post since I've changed a few things...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back