Motherboard
ASRock H97M-ITX/AC
CPU
i3-4170
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have been lurking in Tonymacx86 for a while working up to converting my existing Linux Mint build to OS X. I think that I have a pretty good handle on how to go about the basic install process with UniBeast and MultiBeast. What has me a little confused is what needs to be done in order to enable the HD 4400 graphics on my i3-4170 processor.

I understand that I need to install the FakepcIID kexts but a little unsure of how to do this. I understand that I may also require to edit the config.plist file that is in the Clover/EFI folder. However, again, I'm a little unsure of the exact steps to successfully edit this file.

I'd really appreciate if someone could provide a step by step guide, that is understandable by a Hackintosh novice, regarding what needs to be done to get the HD 4400 graphics working. I'm reasonably computer literate but this is all somewhat new so please be as explicit as possible regarding how to successfully complete each of the steps.

Many thanks........

I have been lurking in Tonymacx86 for a while working up to converting my existing Linux Mint build to OS X. I think that I have a pretty good handle on how to go about the basic install process with UniBeast and MultiBeast. What has me a little confused is what needs to be done in order to enable the HD 4400 graphics on my i3-4170 processor.

I understand that I need to install the FakepcIID kexts but a little unsure of how to do this. I understand that I may also require to edit the config.plist file that is in the Clover/EFI folder. However, again, I'm a little unsure of the exact steps to successfully edit this file.

I'd really appreciate if someone could provide a step by step guide, that is understandable by a Hackintosh novice, regarding what needs to be done to get the HD 4400 graphics working. I'm reasonably computer literate but this is all somewhat new so please be as explicit as possible regarding how to successfully complete each of the steps.

Many thanks........

Requirements:
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id unspecified or =0x0d220003
BIOS IGPU prealloc memory 64mb
digital connection to monitor (DVI-D, DP, HDMI)
FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext installed to the system volume.

You can use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist.

Requirements:
config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id unspecified or =0x0d220003
BIOS IGPU prealloc memory 64mb
digital connection to monitor (DVI-D, DP, HDMI)
FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext installed to the system volume.

You can use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro to edit your config.plist.

Are the necessary entries in config.plist already present and simply need to have the correct values set? Or do the entries require to be added to the file and, if so, where do they get added.

Will Clover Configurator allow me to edit the config.plist file or do I need to use one of the editors that you suggested. It would be great if you could post an example config.plist file that contains the necessary entries (and is compatible with my mobo and processor!).

Many thanks for your input, RehabMan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back