Contribute
Register

Step by Step Fix for iMessage - Requires Clover (Alternate Bootloader)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in this situation too – once I reach the Clover splash screen, I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. The screen might actually be frozen, but I have no way of telling.

Does anyone have additional suggestions for this problem?

My hackintosh uses the wireless apple keyboard and glidepad. They didn't work with clover (didn't expect them to) so I plugged in a usb keyboard and mouse. I had to try a bunch of different usb ports before I found a couple that worked.

Settings Post From insanelymac.com

SystemParameters
prev-lang:kbd - (Language:keyboard-code, default: ru:0): Sets the Clover GUI language and keyboard type.
Languages available:
en - english
ru - russian
it - italian
es - spanish
pt - portuguese
pl - polish
ge - german
id - indonesian
ko - korean
fr - french
ua - ukrainian
boot-args - -v (verbose mode) -x (safe mode) npci=0x2000 (PCI Configuration Fix) darkwake=0 (for setting the "Deep sleep" mode in Lion/ML) slide=0 (Only needed for ML): Sets boot-flags to be used for booting OS X. Not all flags may be needed: e.g. safe mode
LegacyBoot - (set to: PBR): But could also be LegacyBiosDefault or PBRtest. It's just the method of legacy booting, it probably won't make a difference. For some users using another method could fix legacy booting. (info by apianti)
BacklightLevel - (default: 0xFFFF): Changes the luminosity of the back light of a laptop display. 0x0 is none, 0xFFFF is full back lighting. (info by apianti)
CustomUUID - You have to boot OS X with Chameleon to set this value. After booting with Chameleon, open System Report, copy the Hardware UUID and paste it here. But see InjectSystemID first!
InjectSystemID - (Yes/No, default: No): See this postby dmazar.
iCloudFix - (Yes/No, default: Yes): May be enabled to get iCloud to work. Dropped

Pointer
Enable - (Yes/No, default: Yes): Enables or disables the mouse-pointer in the Clover-GUI.
Speed - (default: 8): If enabled, sets the mouse-pointer movement speed.
DoubleClickTime - (default: 500): Set the double-click reaction time.
Mirror - (Yes/No, default: No): Rotate the mouse-pointer direction. (?)

Graphics
GraphicsInjector - (Yes/No): Needed for unsupported GPU's to get full resolution/QE. If set to Yes, e.g. nVidia GeForce 450 GTS becomes EVGA nVidia GeForce 450 GTS (if supported).
VRAM - (auto) Set the given GPU RAM value (MB-format), e.g. 1024.
LoadVBios - (Yes/No, default: No): Also available in Chameleon. You will have the ability to load a custom VBIOS for the GPU.
VideoPorts - (auto): Number of video outputs to map.
FBName - (auto): Has something to do with ATI Radeon cards.
NVCAP - (auto): Option for nVidia-cards. Don't know what it does exactly (something to do wich (output)-port to be used).
display-cfg - (auto): See this topic for information about this key.
DualLink - (auto?):
InjectEDID - (Yes/No, default: Yes): See Wikipedia about EDID. Try to use Yes, if you get a blank screen while booting.
CustomEDID - (auto): Set a CustomEDID if non-DDC monitor. See this post for more information about this key.
PatchVBios - (Yes/No, default: No): Set to Yes, to auto patch Clover-GUI video resolution. Using PatchVBiosBytes is the recommend method.
PatchVBiosBytes - (custom): See this post for using this with nVidia GPU.

More information how to get your GPU to work (Radeon, etc.), see this post.

PCI
PCIRootUID - (Number, default: 0): If OS X can't find the GPU PCI-UID location. A patched DSDT is recommend to fix this problem. If a custom DSDT.aml cannot be used set the correct PCI-UID here. (More Info)
StringInjector - (Yes/No, default: No): Inject EFI-strings for GPU, ethernet, audio, etc. See key DeviceProperties.
DeviceProperties - (auto): If StringInjector it set to Yes, paste the generated EFI-string here.
LpcTune - (Yes/No, default: No): I believe that LpcTune actually doesn't have a purpose now as it was abandoned by Slice cause it didn't work correctly or something, Idk there's a conversation about it we had earlier. InjectClockId is needed to recover USB devices from sleep. (info by apianti)
HDAInjection - (Yes/No/Hex.., default: Detect): See this post for more info. Set to No, if using a patched DSDT.aml and AppleHDA.kext.
USBInjection - (Yes/No, default: Yes): Needed to get resume by keyboard to work. But if it is not working for you, set to No.
InjectClockID - (Yes/No, default: No): InjectClockId is needed to recover USB devices from sleep. (info by apianti)
USBFixOwnership - (Yes/No, default: Yes): Fixes USB-ownership problems in UEFI-mode.

ACPI
See information from here, here and here to set the correct ACPI-settings.
DsdtName - Filename to be used for a generated DSDT-file or set to BIOS.aml if Clover needs to generate one for you. (See FixDsdtMask)
DropOemSSDT - (Yes/No, default: No): DropOemSSDT should only be used if you are injecting a patched SSDT or if you enabled GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates.
I recommend to generate a last SSDT-7/SSDT-8.aml file with freq/power-values that matches the system's CPU. Place it in the /ACPI/Patched folder to solve the hanging CPU-freq issue. A way to generate this file, is by using Revogirl's ssdtPRGen.sh. To terminate the last SSDT-number, dump to origin tables in Clover with the F4-key.
DropDMAR - (Yes/No, default: No): Needs to be enabled to fix the AppleACPIPlatform.kext boot problem in 10.8.2.
DropBGRT - See post from =)(=
GenerateCStates - (Yes/No, default: No): Set to Yes, if booting gives you weird ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin errors.
GeneratePStates - (Yes/No, default: No): Same note as GenerateCStates.
PLimitDict - (Number, default: 0): Limit the maximum CPU P-state, by number.
UnderVoltStep - (Number, default: 0): Limit the maximum CPU Voltage, by number.
DoubleFirstState - (Yes/No, default: No): ??
ResetAddress - (should be: 0x64): Restart address
ResetValue - (should be: 0xFE): Restart address
EnableC6 - (Yes/No, default: No): Enable/disable CPU C6 reporting. (CPU-power saving)
EnableC4 - (Yes/No, default: No): Enable/disable CPU C4 reporting. (CPU-power saving)
EnableC2 - (Yes/No, default: No): Enable/disable CPU C2 reporting. (CPU-power saving)
C3Latency - (should be: 0x03e9): If CPU supports Turbo, you may set to 0x00FA.
EnableISS - (Yes/No, default: No): This should be Enabled to fix ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin console errors.
smartUPS - (Yes/No, default: No): For MacPro - cosmetic.
PatchAPIC - (Yes/No, default: No): ??
FixDsdtMask - (Mask): See this topic. If you want to disable DSDT fixing: 0x0000 FixDsdtMask should be avoided for actual DSDT patches. (info by apianti)
RememberBIOS - (Yes/No, default: No): See this post

SMBIOS
Set a custom iModel. Clover will set the model that matches your system. But you can provide custom data here. (Chameleon Wizard, champlist can be used to get SMBios information)

CPU
Users should dissuade from using any of the CPU keys besides Turbo, as they should be set automatically. I believe it's also set automatically to whether the cpu supports turbo in the first place though. (info by apianti)
Read this post for CPU-values that can be set.

KernelAndKextPatches
Debug - (Yes/No, default: No): Needed to debug Clover at boot.
KernelCpu - (Yes/No, default: No): Enable to patch the kernel for unsupported CPU's. (Atom, Ivy, Pentium 4)
AsusAICPUPM - (Yes/No, default: No): AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext patch. No needed if using a patched BIOS.
AppleRTC - (Yes/No, default: No): Patch that fixes AppleRTC.kext boot problem. Needed for 10.6 and above.
KextsToPatch - (custom): See this post and this post.

Thanks goes out the developers. Just trying to help new users,like myself.

I'm in this situation too – once I reach the Clover splash screen, I cannot use my mouse or keyboard. The screen might actually be frozen, but I have no way of telling.

Does anyone have additional suggestions for this problem?

Pointer

Enable - (Yes/No, default: Yes): Enables or disables the mouse-pointer in the Clover-GUI.

Try change this to enable=no

Example

<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
<key>Enable</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Speed</key>
<string>8</string>
<key>Mirror</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DoubleClickTime</key>
<string>500</string>
</dict>

USBInjection - (Yes/No, default: Yes): Needed to get resume by keyboard to work. But if it is not working for you, set to No.

I had problems, spent days trying to get the configuration files right. I ran across a version of Clover that seemed to have a newer version number, I installed it and was able to log in to imessage on the first try. Just a suggestion, try downloading the installing the newest Clover again.

I had problems, spent days trying to get the configuration files right. I ran across a version of Clover that seemed to have a newer version number, I installed it and was able to log in to imessage on the first try. Just a suggestion, try downloading the installing the newest Clover again.

What was the version of clover that worked for you?

Clover also allows you to boot a stock/vanilla OS X installer, and the Recovery HD partition without any hacking. Chimera can't without hacks and or modications. It's close as you can get to booting a real Mac if setup properly...
Honestly. That's just because the hacking is done by Clover, which includes patches for it, and other boot loaders don't seem to care about it.

Wait for the first UEFI bootloader to instruct people to enter:

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

because that I assure you will be next. The question is, will that be introduced by Clover or something else. OOps. Clover is already too later ;)

p.s. You don't necessarily need Clover for full iMessage support since RevoBoot works just as well.

Worked out great. Thanks for the detailed solution! :)

Pointer

Try change this to enable=no

Example

<key>Pointer</key>
<dict>
<key>Enable</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Speed</key>
<string>8</string>
<key>Mirror</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DoubleClickTime</key>
<string>500</string>
</dict>

My hackintosh uses the wireless apple keyboard and glidepad. They didn't work with clover (didn't expect them to) so I plugged in a usb keyboard and mouse. I had to try a bunch of different usb ports before I found a couple that worked.

Thanks for these suggestions, guys. I tried them all, but to no avail. But my problem is fixed, here's what did it:

The problem appears to be the first USB keyboard that I tried. It works fine as an input device for the Chameleon bootloader, but not for Clover. I used a different USB keyboard and I was able to choose a hard drive from the bootloader screen.

Hey guys, I just need to get some things clear so please bear with me.

After applying this fi using clover pen drive, then removing it. Will it go back to my normal chimera?

Im guessing it will only boot using clover if its installed on the hard drive right?

and also if u do logout of iMessages, you won't be able to log in again, so you would have to apply this fix again?

i also tried to follow a guide to install clover on my 8gb USB, the guide told me to format the drive to FAT. After I did that, the clover installation wouldn't show my USB to install it to. Does the USB Have to be in MBR?

just wanna be clear so I can do it also.

thanks guys =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back