Contribute
Register

Step by Step Fix for iMessage - Requires Clover (Alternate Bootloader)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HackintoshX86

Its really very simple,
Make sure you have Xcode Command Line Tools installed. Won't work without it.

Unzip whichever package you downloaded and run CloverGrower.command, you only need to do this ONCE.
CloverGrower will download all sources, GCC4.7.2, edk2 and Clover.
First build will take some time as it needs to compile GCC4.7.2, then it builds edk2 BaseTools and then compiles Clover.

On subsequent uses you only need to open terminal and type "clover"
CloverGrower will update any source files from edk2 or Clover and build you a package.

I can't make it any simpler than what it is.

does anyone have any idea why my HD does not show up when I boot Clover from USB?

@HackintoshX86

Its really very simple,
Make sure you have Xcode Command Line Tools installed. Won't work without it.

Unzip whichever package you downloaded and run CloverGrower.command, you only need to do this ONCE.
CloverGrower will download all sources, GCC4.7.2, edk2 and Clover.
First build will take some time as it needs to compile GCC4.7.2, then it builds edk2 BaseTools and then compiles Clover.

On subsequent uses you only need to open terminal and type "clover"
CloverGrower will update any source files from edk2 or Clover and build you a package.

I can't make it any simpler than what it is.

Thank you STLVNUB! That answers my questions..... You are right, very simple. I didn't understand the updating process and compiling Clover. Thanks for putting that in "noob" terms and taking the time to fully explain this process! CloverGrower does all the work for you!

I have xCode Command Line Tools (found at Apple Dev. site and requires free account).

After testing CloverGrower 4.9 I can say that it is easy to use and works great!

I just tried this and it worked on my system. One thing to note: I was trying the iMac13,1 system definition and clover doesn't work with that system definition. You have to roll back to 12,2 in order for it to work. I am sure this will be fixed in a Chimera update soon. Thanks everyone

@STLVNUB

What do I need to know about updating CloverGrower to the next revision (5.0)? Do I run the .command file again? Will the files download and upgrade for CloverGrower after running terminal "clover" or the .command file. Does the file location matter? Any important steps I would need to take? Thanks for your time!

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2008&st=960&p=17480&#entry17480

From the above post:

Newest Versions always in here.

IMPORTANT: Always run CloverGrower.command First, especially when upgrading.

Will always use latest version of GCC, currently 4.7.2

Also the post by STLVNUB regarding new versions:

As regards CloverGrower V4.9, if anybody finds any bugs could they PLEASE report as I would like to goto V5.0 with next to none.

CloverGrower V5.0 will introduce new PackageMaker (better start on it)

Also any suggestions will be looked at and if possible implemented.
Thank you.

I just tried this and it worked on my system. One thing to note: I was trying the iMac13,1 system definition and clover doesn't work with that system definition. You have to roll back to 12,2 in order for it to work. I am sure this will be fixed in a Chimera update soon. Thanks everyone

iMac13,1 or any of the ivy bridge mac smbios definitions work with Clover. You just need to have 10.8.3 or the special 2012 Mac update installed. Apple uses a special build for these systems and because Clover uses Apples boot process boot.efi (while Chimera uses its own) that's why you have issues booting. A real 2012 IB mac with the standard 10.8.2 would not boot either.

Clover also allows you to boot a stock/vanilla OS X installer, and the Recovery HD partition without any hacking. Chimera can't without hacks and or modications. It's close as you can get to booting a real Mac if setup properly.

if you want to install the special 2012 IB Mac update use chimera, then you can use one of the smbios definitions with Clover.

@STLVNUB

What do I need to know about updating CloverGrower to the next revision (5.0)? Do I run the .command file again? Will the files download and upgrade for CloverGrower after running terminal "clover" or the .command file. Does the file location matter? Any important steps I would need to take? Thanks for your time!

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2008&st=960&p=17480&#entry17480

From the above post:

Newest Versions always in here.

IMPORTANT: Always run CloverGrower.command First, especially when upgrading.

Will always use latest version of GCC, currently 4.7.2

CloverGrower is now on GitHub V4.9a, you can check out any new developments there.
https://github.com/STLVNUB/CloverGrower
As for version 5.0. Good question. Probably after V4.9z

I feel like I'm missing something simple.

I have an Ivy 3570K, with z77-ds3h
on an SSD, with the chimera bootloader everything runs perfectly well.

I downloaded clover using clovergrower and ran the pkg, installed clover on a usb flash drive without a hitch.
I can boot onto the flash drive get to clover boot menu.

But mine does not say Boot OSX on HDName, instead I have "Boot Legacy on Legacy HD"
(next to it my windows partitions that I never use (system reserve and the actual windows partition) both say "Boot Windows on Legacy HD"), so why would it not recognized osx (GUID with HFS like it should)

anyway I booted the Legacy which should technically correspond to my OSX install, I get a "loading screen" with a little logo in the center (instead of the gray apple I suppose) and that's it, it stays there forever (Left it for at least 5min), nothing to tell me something went wrong.

I tried -v in the config, but does same as above... no verbose output...
tried imac 12.1, and macpro 5.1 (which I use with my chimera boot)
I have a 17 charachters serial number

please help or point me in the right direction, thank you.

Thank you, misterleekub.
I was helped very much with your easy and step-by-step guidance, and my 2 hacs are working fine now.

Thanks STLVNUB for replying! Great work with CloverGrower! It works very well!

I was wondering more about the process and steps to update CloverGrower to the next revision (example V5.0).

What do I need to do in order to change the CloverGrower version? Run .command again?

Thanks for taking the time to explain this STLVNUB! I know my questions are a little bit dumb and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back