Contribute
Register

STEP 3: Recommended BIOS Settings: I don't have "Optimized Defaults" nor do I have AHCI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 390
CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 1050 ti
What bios settings do I need to change? Attached is a picture of my BIOS.
I've read that you can install kext files to circumvent the lack of AHCI mode. Can someone walk me through that?
IMG_7834.JPG

What bios settings do I need to change? Attached is a picture of my BIOS.
I've read that you can install kext files to circumvent the lack of AHCI mode. Can someone walk me through that?View attachment 527802
Your system is using a Sandy Bridge CPU (i5 2400). Systems from that time should have the AHCI option in the BIOS and should be changeable (unless it was disabled in the BIOS).

Are you sure the AHCI mode is really absent from the BIOS options (OEM systems like yours, especially those for home users, may have been configured to remove many BIOS options that should be available in normal motherboards)?

If the shown picture is from the BIOS screen, the "Load Defaults" option at the bottom should serve as the equivalent of "Load Optimized Defaults" in normal motherboards.

Check the SATA operation option at the left part. What does it say there?

Uhh, I replied. Where did it go?

Posts that violate the forum rules may be removed.
Well, I'm sorry for violating the rules. I'm just trying to get some help by providing as much information about my problem as possible. Forgive me for thinking that doing so was productive. I'd like to rewrite my reply in a way that adheres to the rules. Please advise me on how to do so.
You may find it advantageous to update your BIOS which appears to be from 2011
I'm using BIOS version A14, which is the latest.

You're looking at manufacture date. In "BIOS Version," you can see A14, which is the latest.
Ah, ok my bad. Good luck with your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back