Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guess they will fix this up more when the iMac Pro comes. But it does work for those eGPU people. Not for me.

My setup:
HTC Vive
B150m Pro4 (asrock)
Skylake i5-6500
32GB DDR4 ram
NVIDIA 970 gtx with web drivers 10.25.28 378.10.10.10.15.121 & CUDA 9.0.214 (all latest)
High Sierra 17A405

- No direct mode. That's a key problem. Have to use extended mode.
- Can't use bluetooth or the camera through the usb box of theirs. In System Profiler they show up as detected but Steam VR won't use them. No biggie.
- Need to unplug and plug back in the lighthouse boxes to turn them on, not via bluetooth like on Windows which I got used to (not everyone on windows is able to get that to work consistently though). I booted into windows to power them down via bluetooth afterwards.

But once I start up the lighthouses manually:
- my headset, controllers, and lighthouse boxes show up green! Woo hoo! but not so fast.
- Could run room setup fine.
- after room setup it tries to run the tutorial. No go on the Mac (see screenshot). but so what, I know how it works.
- no content to test with it!
- so since I am a hobby dev, I fired up Unity 2017.2 (latest) and tried to run an empty room
- Nothing. Just a blue frozen grid and lots of dropped frames in the SteamVR settings graph. Unity crashed. Oh well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 1.38.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 1.38.59 PM.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 182
archi386 I was just about to fiddle with this on my setup: Nvidia1070 + Oculus Touch. Any luck with direct mode lately? Have you tried WebVR / Firefox beta?

Guess they will fix this up more when the iMac Pro comes. But it does work for those eGPU people. Not for me.

My setup:
HTC Vive
B150m Pro4 (asrock)
Skylake i5-6500
32GB DDR4 ram
NVIDIA 970 gtx with web drivers 10.25.28 378.10.10.10.15.121 & CUDA 9.0.214 (all latest)
High Sierra 17A405

- No direct mode. That's a key problem. Have to use extended mode.
- Can't use bluetooth or the camera through the usb box of theirs. In System Profiler they show up as detected but Steam VR won't use them. No biggie.
- Need to unplug and plug back in the lighthouse boxes to turn them on, not via bluetooth like on Windows which I got used to (not everyone on windows is able to get that to work consistently though). I booted into windows to power them down via bluetooth afterwards.

But once I start up the lighthouses manually:
- my headset, controllers, and lighthouse boxes show up green! Woo hoo! but not so fast.
- Could run room setup fine.
- after room setup it tries to run the tutorial. No go on the Mac (see screenshot). but so what, I know how it works.
- no content to test with it!
- so since I am a hobby dev, I fired up Unity 2017.2 (latest) and tried to run an empty room
- Nothing. Just a blue frozen grid and lots of dropped frames in the SteamVR settings graph. Unity crashed. Oh well.

@mikehi, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back