CPU
i5 3230M
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am hoping someone can provide a Terminal command that gets the installation of OS X El Capitan started using startosinstall when booted into the installation USB. Mac, or Hackintosh, it doesn't matter. I just need something to get the installation started. My command that I used from High Sierra does not work.

Hackintosh Specs:
HP Pavilion P7-1017C
CPU: Intel i3 2100
Motherboard: IPISB-CU
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 610

Mac:
2017 Macbook Air

I am hoping someone can provide a Terminal command that gets the installation of OS X El Capitan started using startosinstall when booted into the installation USB. Mac, or Hackintosh, it doesn't matter. I just need something to get the installation started. My command that I used from High Sierra does not work.

Hackintosh Specs:
HP Pavilion P7-1017C
CPU: Intel i3 2100
Motherboard: IPISB-CU
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 610

Mac:
2017 Macbook Air

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

make sure SIP is disabled

Last edited:
Or if you can't do that, can you make it more open, so that people have the availability to customize their build signatures more? Like, instead of a list, have it String.
you will have to send a message using the contact form to the Admins

Thank you!

My i5 isn't on the list. Can you update it?
Also, the same for the Gigabyte graphics. It's just a 610.
you can make the request here:

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point here ...

To install El Capitan from USB you should create your installer using the "createinstallmedia" command and then put your custom EFI in the hidden EFI partition of the USB stick. Boot your PC with it and go through installation.

There might be differences to this procedure depending on whether you are Legacy or UEFI booting, OpenCore or Clover, but generally I don't see why this wouldn't do it. I've done this myself many times.

As I say, sorry if I've missed the point here. It happens!! :lol:

I'm not sure if I'm missing the point here ...

To install El Capitan from USB you should create your installer using the "createinstallmedia" command and then put your custom EFI in the hidden EFI partition of the USB stick. Boot your PC with it and go through installation.

There might be differences to this procedure depending on whether you are Legacy or UEFI booting, OpenCore or Clover, but generally I don't see why this wouldn't do it. I've done this myself many times.

As I say, sorry if I've missed the point here. It happens!! :lol:
I'm already booted into the installer USB. I'm trying to run startosinstall from Terminal to get the installation started using that method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back