Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Inspiron 11 3153
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
HD 520
Following the steps from El Capitan, installing Sierra was a breeze except oddly enough I had to put the USB drive in the usb3 port. USB 2 did not want to work.

Everything runs smooth except what's expected as far as installing kexts. Started with wifi, which I know now needs a patch to load right in Sierra. Problem is I cannot get the EFI partition to show anything. Clover configurator sees the efi partition on the USB drive and says it mounted it but nothing shows up on my desktop, and when I use clover cofigurator to open the partition I just get a finder window named efi with nothing in it.
I'm still booting with the USB stick as I haven't started the USB kext installs yet. Should I start with those First?

Following the steps from El Capitan, installing Sierra was a breeze except oddly enough I had to put the USB drive in the usb3 port. USB 2 did not want to work.

Everything runs smooth except what's expected as far as installing kexts. Started with wifi, which I know now needs a patch to load right in Sierra. Problem is I cannot get the EFI partition to show anything. Clover configurator sees the efi partition on the USB drive and says it mounted it but nothing shows up on my desktop, and when I use clover cofigurator to open the partition I just get a finder window named efi with nothing in it.

Perhaps you didn't install Clover yet.

I'm still booting with the USB stick as I haven't started the USB kext installs yet. Should I start with those First?

No idea what you mean by "USB kext installs".

Perhaps you didn't install Clover yet.
I have clover installed on USB and HDD. My El Capitan partition is on the HDD and is booting just fine with clover.

No idea what you mean by "USB kext installs".
USBInjectAll.kext and USBXHCI_FL1009.kext

I tried installing these kexts to S/L/E and booting from clover installed to HDD (which has been booting 10.11 just fine), it gets to

busy timeout kextd wait appleacpicpu

and sits for a minute or two then goes to a black screen and nothing happens after.
If I boot from Clover on the USB I can get into 10.12

I have clover installed on USB and HDD. My El Capitan partition is on the HDD and is booting just fine with clover.

See FAQ for how to properly mount your EFI partition.

USBInjectAll.kext and USBXHCI_FL1009.kext

All kexts you need should be installed to your system volume.

I tried installing these kexts to S/L/E and booting from clover installed to HDD (which has been booting 10.11 just fine), it gets to

busy timeout kextd wait appleacpicpu

Chances are you didn't install FakeSMC.kext and you don't have it in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

If I boot from Clover on the USB I can get into 10.12

It indicates your Clover setup on HDD is not correct for 10.12 (see above).

FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2 was missing from clover, once installed it booted right up.
Mounting EFI was a bit of a battle, I had to "mount" with clover configurator, then ran

Code:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

in terminal and EFI was finally accessible in Finder.

Now I have wifi 2.4/5.0 and bluetooth working. Battery Status is working.

Sound....not so much. I tried the AppleHDAPatcher app that worked with 10.11 and it didn't work. Before AppleHDAPatcher reported I had ALC269 codec, and in System Report I had some options as far as intel and hdmi in there for audio. Now nothing, AppleHDAPatcher says no codec found. I assume it wasn't updated for 10.12 and thats why its not working.

Do I need to restore native AppleHDA.kext? I didn't back it up before, so I understand the only way to bring it back is reinstall over my existing install. Will that break wifi/bluetooth/battery or any other kexts I've installed?

Are there any automated tools like AppleHDAPatcher for 10.12 to restore sound?

FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2 was missing from clover, once installed it booted right up.
Mounting EFI was a bit of a battle, I had to "mount" with clover configurator, then ran

Code:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

in terminal and EFI was finally accessible in Finder.

Now I have wifi 2.4/5.0 and bluetooth working. Battery Status is working.

Sound....not so much. I tried the AppleHDAPatcher app that worked with 10.11 and it didn't work. Before AppleHDAPatcher reported I had ALC269 codec, and in System Report I had some options as far as intel and hdmi in there for audio. Now nothing, AppleHDAPatcher says no codec found. I assume it wasn't updated for 10.12 and thats why its not working.

Do I need to restore native AppleHDA.kext? I didn't back it up before, so I understand the only way to bring it back is reinstall over my existing install. Will that break wifi/bluetooth/battery or any other kexts I've installed?

Are there any automated tools like AppleHDAPatcher for 10.12 to restore sound?

As far as AppleHDA patching, make sure you read here...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Would

Code:
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: 0x11d4198a to zero
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AppleHDA
Find: <8a19d411>
Replace: <00000000>

be the same as

Code:
<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
                    <string>0x11d4198a to zero</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>8a19d411</data>
                    <key>Name</key>
                    <string>AppleHDA</string>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>00000000</data>
                </dict>
?

Would

Code:
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: 0x11d4198a to zero
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AppleHDA
Find: <8a19d411>
Replace: <00000000>

be the same as

Code:
<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
                    <string>0x11d4198a to zero</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>8a19d411</data>
                    <key>Name</key>
                    <string>AppleHDA</string>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>00000000</data>
                </dict>
?

No. <data> fields in plists are specified as base64.

Hence, the patches as you have specified are not what you expect:
Code:
SPEEDY-OSX:~ RehabMan$ echo -n 8a19d411|base64 |xxd
00000000: 4f47 4578 4f57 5130 4d54 453d 0a         OGExOWQ0MTE=.
SPEEDY-OSX:~ RehabMan$ echo -n 00000000|base64 |xxd
00000000: 4d44 4177 4d44 4177 4d44 413d 0a         MDAwMDAwMDA=.

Use a plist editor so that conversion from hex to base64 happens automatically.

No. <data> fields in plists are specified as base64.

Hence, the patches as you have specified are not what you expect:
Code:
SPEEDY-OSX:~ RehabMan$ echo -n 8a19d411|base64 |xxd
00000000: 4f47 4578 4f57 5130 4d54 453d 0a         OGExOWQ0MTE=.
SPEEDY-OSX:~ RehabMan$ echo -n 00000000|base64 |xxd
00000000: 4d44 4177 4d44 4177 4d44 413d 0a         MDAwMDAwMDA=.

Use a plist editor so that conversion from hex to base64 happens automatically.
Ok, I used Xcode, looks like this:
applehda.png

Sounds still not working, nothing shows up under Audio in System Report. AppleHDAPatcher still says No Audio Codec detected. If I can get sound working, I'm pretty much at 95% functionality of my 10.11 partition. Id love to move to 10.12 full time but audio is a biggy.

Ok, I used Xcode, looks like this:
View attachment 211257

Sounds still not working, nothing shows up under Audio in System Report. AppleHDAPatcher still says No Audio Codec detected. If I can get sound working, I'm pretty much at 95% functionality of my 10.11 partition. Id love to move to 10.12 full time but audio is a biggy.

Did you rebuild cache as per FAQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back