NVIDIA Geforce 755
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I am trying to dual boot Mavericks 10.9.5 and windows 8.1 as my native operating system on the same HDD. I have used Chimera USB boot utility and I have had no luck with that, I haven't even been able to get to the Verberos mode. I have created a bootable USB using Pandora's Box and I am able to get into Verberos mode and this is what I get:

LAN Controller {1969:10a1] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x))
Setting up lan keys
CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, family 0x6, model 0x3c
Customizing SystemID with : 7f985250-eb93-11e3-8965-28d2449c3077
ACPI Table not found: DSDT.aml
ACPI Table not found: HPET.aml
ACPI Table not found: SBST.aml
ACPI Table not found: ECDT.aml
ACPI Table not found: ASFT.aml
ACPI Table not found: DMAR.aml
ACPI Table not found: APIC.aml
ACPI Table not found: MCFG.aml
ACPI Table not found: SSDT.aml
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
Custom ASF ! table was found
Custom HPET table was found
Custom APIC table was found
Custom MCFG table was found
FADT: ACPI Restart Fix applied!
LoadDrivers: Loading from [/Extra/Extensions.mkext]

Right after this I get a line saying "Starting Darwin x86" and then one more line that disappears before I have a chance to read what it says, then it reboots back to my native OS.
I have also tried boot flags:

cpus=4
busratio=24
GraphicsEnabler=No

Along with a few other that I can't remember at the moment. I've also downloaded a MBR patch through terminal so it will allow me to dual boot on the same HDD with a separate partition allocated for OS X.

Thank you for your time and patients to help me

Hello,
I am trying to dual boot Mavericks 10.9.5 and windows 8.1 as my native operating system on the same HDD. I have used Chimera USB boot utility and I have had no luck with that, I haven't even been able to get to the Verberos mode. I have created a bootable USB using Pandora's Box and I am able to get into Verberos mode and this is what I get:

Start over.

Main guide is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

RehabMan,
Here is the complete specs of my laptop.

System: Lenovo ideapad Y510pCPU: i7-4700MQ/VIQY0Y1
Graphics : HD4600/ NVDIA GeForce GT 755M
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

RehabMan,
Here is the complete specs of my laptop.

System: Lenovo ideapad Y510pCPU: i7-4700MQ/VIQY0Y1
Graphics : HD4600/ NVDIA GeForce GT 755M
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080

You will need to patch the kernel if you don't plan to use Clover. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

For using Clover, I suggest you read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html. Filter appropriately as some information is HP ProBook specific (omit HPFanReset.efi, most of the stuff in the ProBook Installer, for example).

You will have to use kernel flag nv_disable=1 to keep the nvidia drivers from interfering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back