Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have built a few hackintoshes before but never got too deep. Just stuck with the main builds. I was curious, about the difference between ATX and mATX? Could I build an ATX mobo build in a mATX case? Would it fit a big graphics card? Could I use an mATX or ITX mobo build or would there be a big difference between that and a ATX build? Is there any alternative motherboards that have thunderbolt ports anyone would recommend?

I'm building this for mostly use with Final Cut Pro X. I have been using FCPX on a 2013 27" iMac with 24gb ram, i5 cpu, SSD, and editing off a thunderbolt raid. But FCPX still hiccups and stutters playback constantly. It's extremely annoying so I was curious if a Hackintosh super build and overclocked would get rid of the hiccups and stutters? Does anyone have any experience with FCPX and hackintoshes vs actual macs? Thank you!!

I have built a few hackintoshes before but never got too deep. Just stuck with the main builds. I was curious, about the difference between ATX and mATX? Could I build an ATX mobo build in a mATX case? Would it fit a big graphics card? Could I use an mATX or ITX mobo build or would there be a big difference between that and a ATX build? Is there any alternative motherboards that have thunderbolt ports anyone would recommend?

I'm building this for mostly use with Final Cut Pro X. I have been using FCPX on a 2013 27" iMac with 24gb ram, i5 cpu, SSD, and editing off a thunderbolt raid. But FCPX still hiccups and stutters playback constantly. It's extremely annoying so I was curious if a Hackintosh super build and overclocked would get rid of the hiccups and stutters? Does anyone have any experience with FCPX and hackintoshes vs actual macs? Thank you!!

Suggest you google for ITX/mATX/ATX/EATX board definitions if you really want to know.
Basics are size and number of PCIe/RAM slots on the board. Goes from smallest to largest - ITX->mATX->ATX->EATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back