Contribute
Register

Started Installation but the progress bar has been stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're getting there step by step. It's now recognized and showing networks but it won't actually connect to anything.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-29 um 01.46.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-29 um 01.46.32.png
    435.8 KB · Views: 99
We're getting there step by step. It's now recognized and showing networks but it won't actually connect to anything.
Try turning WiFi off and on.

Hey,
after working fine (excepting the somewhat erratic WIFI), I tried adding another hard drive and adding WIN10. But somehow it either deleted or overrode some settings because suddenly my computer won't boot into macOS even with the new SSD unplugged. It gets up to clover, when I select the MacOS partition it shows an apple logo and a progress bar which loads a bit and then shows a crossed out circle.
Any ideas?

Hey,
after working fine (excepting the somewhat erratic WIFI), I tried adding another hard drive and adding WIN10. But somehow it either deleted or overrode some settings because suddenly my computer won't boot into macOS even with the new SSD unplugged. It gets up to clover, when I select the MacOS partition it shows an apple logo and a progress bar which loads a bit and then shows a crossed out circle.
Any ideas?
What does it say when you add -v to the boot args?

Select FIX USB in ACPI.

In PCI, select fix ownership.

Add these boot args here= -v PCIRootUID=1

If it doesn't work, then try without PCIRootUID=1

:)
I did this as you said fix usb and fix ownership.
Now it still stuck at progress bar but i run further than before. And here is picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20170309_073530R.jpg
    14 MB · Views: 60
Again it's not booting. Stuck at Apple Logo with status bar.

Here's the verbose read out.

Attachments

• IMG_20170328_222119494.jpg
    IMG_20170328_222119494.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 69
Again it's not booting. Stuck at Apple Logo with status bar.

Here's the verbose read out.

"Incorrect number of thread records (4, 22775)"

This is a sign of corrupt storage disk directory structure.

Boot the Mac into Single User Mode (-s available via space bar at Clover menu)
How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover

When the Single User boot sequence has finished, you’ll find a small command prompt at the bottom of the screen prefixed by a hash sign (#), when you see that type the following command exactly:
Code:
fsck -fy
Once fsck completes, if you see a “File system was modified” message, then you should run “fsck -fy” again until you see a message stating “The volume (name) appears to be OK” – this is standard procedure of using fsck

Type “reboot” to leave Single User Mode.

If that doesn't work search Google for "incorrect number of thread records" and/or "DiskWarrior".

"Incorrect number of thread records (4, 22775)"

This is a sign of corrupt storage disk directory structure.

Boot the Mac into Single User Mode (-s available via space bar at Clover menu)
How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover

When the Single User boot sequence has finished, you’ll find a small command prompt at the bottom of the screen prefixed by a hash sign (#), when you see that type the following command exactly:
Code:
fsck -fy
Once fsck completes, if you see a “File system was modified” message, then you should run “fsck -fy” again until you see a message stating “The volume (name) appears to be OK” – this is standard procedure of using fsck

Type “reboot” to leave Single User Mode.

If that doesn't work search Google for "incorrect number of thread records" and/or "DiskWarrior".

I've run fsck at least 6 times. It keeps delivering the same result. "The Volume was modified."
No change. DiskWarrior runs on Mac. I have a dual boot with WIN10 on a separate drive, but I'm not sure how to run DiskWarrior on the Hack. Most Options when I Google "incorrect number of thread records" include reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back