i7 6700
Graphics
Geforce GT740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

this is my first build and as advised I left my fear at the door (along with any common sense apparently).
The build is very much based on a Tonymacx86 recommended build

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU i7 67000 LGA 1151
RAM- Ballistix 16gb DDR4
HDD Seagate 1tb 7200rpm + Samsung Evo850 250gb
Graphics- ENVA Geforce GT 740 OC (currently disabled)

I have been sure to use nv_disable=1 each time.

In short, I have been trying to load Yosemite on and several times I have got, very briefly, to the Apple logo which flashes up but then the computer shuts down. Not restart but completely shuts down.

Using Unibeast 6 I have either got to the flicker of an Apple logo then shut down or once the message (in verbose mode) that 'This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform'.

Using Unibeast 5 I got the same flicker of Apple and once or twice got that the 'systems library is not found' (or something simliar).

Using Clover it would not recognise the USB from which to boot despite opening the boot menu.

I have partioned the USB in MBR and GUID modes. The BIOS is set to optimised default; the VT-d is disabled; Super IO Configuration (and serial) is disabled; XMCI Hand off is enabled; Other OS set; UEFI Only; but Boot option more often than not will not recognise the USB!

Can anyone advise me on what I could be doing wrong?

Can anyone help me? I'm pretty much lost.
Please help

Skylake hardware is not supported on Yosemite.
You will need El Capitan 10.11.4 or higher.

Thanks BreBo. Unfortunately, I resisted El Capitan but I've now missed the boat to get El Capitan through the App Store. Is there another way of getting El Capitan? I'm weary of setting up with Sierra as I suspect I'll more issues than I will be cable of dealing with.

I'm biting the bullet and trying with Sierra. I was concerned that there would be conflicts with Logic Pro X but it sounds I'll have more issues with my 3rd party plugins (but that's just a matter of time to resolve).
If I have any other issues I'll be raising them in the Sierra forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back