9. SE
  10. Xserve
Hi there,

GAZ170N Wifi
i5
8GB DDR4
HD530 Graphics
OSX 10.11.6

I've had this problem before on a Z97 system, and was never able to fix it. I'm running this machine as a server, and it's somewhat decent about not crashing, but the occasional power outage happens, and since I'm often out of town, I need to find a way to have it automatically reboot, but when I go to the Engery Saver control panel to look for "Start up automatically after a power failure" - that option is missing entirely.

From a suggestion from @linuxrox, I've tried to edit UnifiedSleepSliderPref to /false, but that doesn't change anything. I've also tried iMac 13,1;14,3;15,1;16,1;16,2 and 17,1 to no avail.

Any idea how to make that option show visible? I've now got 3 computers where it would be super helpful to have it.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 6.16.16 PM.png

Last edited:
@ajemutt,

I think that feature is only supported on Genuine Mac Hardware ...

A PC will always power on to POST BIOS tests and then the BIOS/UEFI.

You might be able to emulate the feature if your BIOS supports auto power on after a power fail, you'll also need to configure the BIOS to auto boot Clover and then configure Clover to auto boot MacOS.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks! I'll dig into the BIOS. I just realized that the "startup or wake at XX:XX" feature will probably work OK for me, just maybe not as quickly as I'd like.

@ajemutt,

I think that feature is only supported on Genuine Mac Hardware ...
NO. All my hacks always had all "Energy Saver" features available as per the attached screenshot.
Greetings
Henties

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 11.26.43 AM.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 11.26.43 AM.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 58
NO. All my hacks always had all "Energy Saver" features available as per the attached screenshot.

@Henties,

Yes but that feature can not work on a PC Hackintosh ...

Genuine MAC's have unique power on hardware that can be enabled with the "Start up automatically after a power failure" option, if set to true then a mac will power on automatically when power is connected and boot straight into MacOS.

As I said you can emulate the feature on a PC using the BIOS + Clover but you can not control it via that setting in Energy Saver.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back