Contribute
Register

StarCraft II with hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system runs SC2 great. Max resolution and everything set to ultra. I never get any slowdowns or noticeable drops in frame rate. I can't tell any difference between SC2 in 10.6.4 and win7. I am super happy with my build. Can't wait for Diablo 3...

I have a PNY 460 card. I have to use a dvi to vga dongle because my monitor is old. Can someone please give me the steps to try to get SC II to run? It hangs for me in the startup screen. I am not able to put my password in.

Thanks for the help.

nobody1912 said:
I have to say Sc2 runs great on Hackintosh.
Its fast enough for everything
I play on ultra witch FullHD,
and i have no problems either..........

vertex 2 90 GB / WD Cavier Black 640 GB / 12 GB DDR 3 1600Mhz / i7 950 @ 3,8 Ghz / asus sabertooth x58 / 2x GTX480 OC

yes it did! bute now whit the new update I can´t enter the game :/

i have the 5870 Vapor X playing on 24 led cinema display.

at the 1vs1 is cool.

but at the 4v4 or 3v3 the situtation sucks. the fps drops @ 7fps. **** my life mates.

etherealglimpse said:
st0207 said:
anyone is running hackintosh 10.6 or high and can play Starcarft II? Will it work? will I get banned from battle.net?

Um I don't see how you'll get banned from battle.net but the game runs AWESOMEE!!!!!!! With the specs I have in my signature, It's amazing. I love it!

Game on!!

My system seems to be pretty much identical to yours (Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7-930, Radeon HD 5770). I have horrible performance issues. Any tips?

edit: I did not have speedstepping enabled, which seems to explain my performance issues.

Just installed the game and must say its FREAKING AMAZING! the graphics are smooth as butter! I run it on ultra at max res with no slowdowns whatsoever, can't wait for new titles to hit the OS X scene, totally pleased with my hack :D

Is anyone else having the problem where you get an indefinite system survey? It seems to be a hackintosh problem! I can't play anymore :(

Hi,

I'm having an issue where loading a map (campaign) freezes the game, except the mouse. I have to ssh in to the box and kill the SC2 process (running 100% CPU). It happens mostly when loading every second map. If I start the game again I can play the level that crashed on loading earlier, but then it's likely it will crash at next level.

Anybody recognize this? Happening on Lion 10.7.3, and still persists on 10.7.4

Thanks

Just got the game for Black Friday. This might spell many hours whittled away...

Do you need to have OpenGL working for SC2 to work on the hackintosh?

Regards,
Jordan R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back