RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
sithWarrior_fieldRecon_01.jpg

Ladies and gents- November 16th is finally here and so is Free To Play online for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

BioWare has allowed players to use all 8 classes and level up to 50 for free, however special enhancements and such will require players to purchase Cartel Coins.

Also, it is currently a Windows only game for now but there is news that a Mac version of Origin will be launched some time in 2013 and hopefully it will include SWTOR in the mix.

I personally played this game for about 5 to 6 months and got swamped with other things but it is a very good MMO; right up there with WOW in my opinion.

What are you waiting for? Got on it!

May the force be with you, always.

Source:
http://www.starwarstheoldrepublic.com/FREE

Origin from EA will be available for Mac (Unknown ETA) and so the story goes so will Star Wars.
It would be nice if they pushed this faster as they might be able to pull revenue from the Mac users of the world on some of their games.

Doubt it will be on mac anytime soon. Don't know how much success cross over is having with it.

I think now with the servers combined down to nothing I am on Shadow something or other lol. My republic toons are guildless but my Empire toons are in a Guild, Justdead is GM now by default I suppose as everybody had left and I still pay for my account lol (one of the perks)

I will list them off, was annoyed as I had to change the name of the two gunner toons because with the server change somebody else had the original names :( The gunslinger was originally Kipp and the powertech was something that I cannot even remember lol.

So here here is my Jedi Guardian Ragith
Ragith.JPG

Here is my Gunslinger Eelhead
eelhead.JPG

My Power Tech Biscut
Biscut.JPG

And My Main toon Justdead whom is a Sith Assassin who likes to poke people in the eyes with his lightsaber :)
Justdead.JPG

Doubt it will be on mac anytime soon. Don't know how much success cross over is having with it.

I remember early on a portingteam member's WINE "sorta" worked. The biggest hurdle was the load times were astronomical(Nar Shadaa takes about 15 minutes). You could sort of get away with loading small world areas (the fleet, your ship) to a "tolerable" level. Even play space missions (depending on your graphics card).

Since SWTOR 1.3 patch however, it's been very broken.

You can eek out a fair amount of performance/responsiveness with Parallels (Win7 or 8, XP for me seems to be toast). The only caveat is you need to have a second mouse installed on your computer (map the USB for the second mouse to the vm), otherwise any time you left-click and hold with only a single mouse, your viewport goes all screwy. I still wouldn't recommend playing this way, I mainly use it to grind crew skills while doing work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back