Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Stalls on AppleACPICPU error when trying to boot installer (Spectre x360 late 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 13t late 2017 (Clover)
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hi,

I am trying to install Mojave on my HP Spectre x360 (late 2017) laptop. Here's a step-by-step of events prior to the error:

I boot to my Clover USB drive (it's on a 32 GB USB 2.0 flash drive and I plug it into a USB 3.0 port -- I don't have any USB 2.0 ports). Clover loads up fine. I select the Mojave installer boot option (the installer is also located on the flash drive). Then an Apple logo appears and a progress bar below the logo reaches "completion" before hanging on a black screen. When booting that installer in verbose mode, I see that it's hanging on an "ApplACPICPU" error as illustrated by the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if y'all have encountered this before or know of any possible fixes. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
  • AppleACPICPU error.jpg
    AppleACPICPU error.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 84
Hi,

I am trying to install Mojave on my HP Spectre x360 (late 2017) laptop. Here's a step-by-step of events prior to the error:

I boot to my Clover USB drive (it's on a 32 GB USB 2.0 flash drive and I plug it into a USB 3.0 port -- I don't have any USB 2.0 ports). Clover loads up fine. I select the Mojave installer boot option (the installer is also located on the flash drive). Then an Apple logo appears and a progress bar below the logo reaches "completion" before hanging on a black screen. When booting that installer in verbose mode, I see that it's hanging on an "ApplACPICPU" error as illustrated by the attached screenshot.

Please let me know if y'all have encountered this before or know of any possible fixes. Thank you so much!
use a later version of clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back