Contribute
Register

Stable HP 450 Mavericks stuck in boot loop..... not sure what has happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
Intel > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 3300
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Mavericks has been stable for a couple of years but all of a sudden wont boot, even in safe mode. Tried with combinations of -v -x, and it just reboots....options now?

USB boot is fine and my win10 and ubuntu both boot fine (triple boot)

USB boot is fine and my win10 and ubuntu both boot fine (triple boot)

Then make sure your EFI/Clover on HDD is setup as per guide I linked in post #2.

Also, make sure all kexts are up-to-date by using ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

And make sure Clover is up-to-date.

Then make sure your EFI/Clover on HDD is setup as per guide I linked in post #2.

Also, make sure all kexts are up-to-date by using ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.

And make sure Clover is up-to-date.

Thanks. Is this a good time to upgrade (I've been too scared to try) or would you recommend fixing Mavericks first as above?

Thanks. Is this a good time to upgrade (I've been too scared to try) or would you recommend fixing Mavericks first as above?

The guide supports Mavericks...

Ok, now I'm scared.... I've totally forgot how i ever managed to get this 450 g1 up and running.

Its a triple boot Mavericks/Win10/Ubuntu (Win10 and ubuntu still boot fine)

Boot loader is Chameleon v2.2

My primary concern is to get OSX up and running as all my legit licensed music software and work is on here..... and 2nd, I really don't want to loose win10 either.

Is the best thing for me to
a) try and repair Chameleon
b) try to switch to Clover?

;
(eventually i'd like to upgrade OSX, but i need mavericks up and running asap)

thanks in advance

Ok, now I'm scared.... I've totally forgot how i ever managed to get this 450 g1 up and running.

Its a triple boot Mavericks/Win10/Ubuntu (Win10 and ubuntu still boot fine)

Boot loader is Chameleon v2.2

My primary concern is to get OSX up and running as all my legit licensed music software and work is on here..... and 2nd, I really don't want to loose win10 either.

Is the best thing for me to
a) try and repair Chameleon
b) try to switch to Clover?

;
(eventually i'd like to upgrade OSX, but i need mavericks up and running asap)

thanks in advance

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/g...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

thanks. I can boot from usb with clover, but with a few things i need to sort out.
No option to boot windows any more from clover / no battery status /no sound.

In terms of OSX, upgrade to 10.11 then fix issues, or fix issues first then upgrade?

thanks

thanks. I can boot from usb with clover, but with a few things i need to sort out.
No option to boot windows any more from clover / no battery status /no sound.

In terms of OSX, upgrade to 10.11 then fix issues, or fix issues first then upgrade?

thanks

Did you install Windows in UEFI mode? It is required.

As far as other issues, read the guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back