Contribute
Register

Stable Build suddenly stopped working, due to failed SSD. Now can’t get it booted up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z97-D3H
CPU
Intel i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
My hackintosh build had been working perfectly until yesterday evening when I came home from work. It would turn on but then power off at the mac loading screen. I determined that the main SSD was busted, but I was able to fix it by plugging it into my macbook pro and repairing it in the disk utility. I was also able to get any files from it that wasn’t included in the recent backup. I copied all of the files back onto the hard drive, but now when I try to boot, it first takes me to the “reboot and select proper boot device page” and when I use F12 and select the third one down http://imgur.com/3rQUXQz (For some reason, a lot of boot devices are shown, but only one SSD is plugged in at this point), I can get to the clover screen but no disks are shown there.http://imgur.com/9ujdcwy

I feel like it is something I’ve done wrong in the transfer. I always assumed that you would just copy the cloned files back onto a drive and it would act as though nothing has changed. It’s been a while since I’ve delved into hackintosh stuff, as the build has been very stable for a long time, so forgive me if I’m missing something obvious.

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong and how to boot back up?

System specs: El Capitan
Gigabyte GA Z87X-HD3
Intel i7-4790K

I’ve been racking my brain and doing some research on how to get it working again.

1. It seems that I should have installed Multibeast onto the clone drive in order to make it bootable. I can’t find a step by step way to boot from the drive/usb and then install multibeast afterwards. Any ideas?
  2. Does CCC copy the system folder on el capitan? I don’t see it even if I try to show hidden files. That would be an obvious reason as to why it wouldn’t work…
  3. Is there a way to use the migration assistant to re-install the apps and settings from the CCC drive onto the fixed SSD?
If this is hopeless, I guess I will have to reinstall, but I would rather not because there is a lot of apps to reinstall so I would really like to make that a last resort…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back