Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
10.7.1 is all good and happy, although I am experiencing poor stability issues...wondering what can be done, as this is a "work" comp. and not much good to me with such limited uptime's...any one have any thoughts?

forgive my scattered rambling, here is a slightly better explanation...

transmission and ut*****t...runs for a while, then the creeping grey-out comes down and pow.
seems really good otherwise, although I did get what seemed to be a flash crash with safari and the google maps website when doing a gesture zoom....
I dunno...everytime it was running at 1600 mhz ddr3, which is should, however my bios is f7 NOT f8 as the latest dsdt provides for ... after those crashes the bios would cycle crash and then reset itself back down to 1333 mhz for the memory....

should I consider a bios upgrade and replacing my dsdt file with the one version newer? seems like it provides stability but a good bit of work to get from here to there...

I've been sitting in the chat, if anyone cares to happen by....

Last edited by a moderator:
1) check new Lnx2Mac latest Realtek ethernet driver as posted by Tony in the main page.
2) BIOS from manufacturer is released to correct something, So if your BOARD has new BIOS from both gigabyte + Tony's DSDT, then you should update your BIOS and get the new DSDT.

Each problem is a unique problem and you must search the forum for each issue.

ijhu said:
You might want to elaborate your "stability issue" so others can share their thoughts.

I have my rig running 15hrs daily and it is running solid from day 1 for 18 months now.

+ 1 :headbang: :headbang:

ok, so as one reply mentioned, this was almost certainly an eth0 issue...looks like the new lnx2mac realtek beta solved the problems perfectly...I will be over clocking and posting results on my efforts some point soon, it look great so far!!
thanks to all the hard work put in by those paving the way for us users!!
:headbang: :headbang: +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back